Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8,671 Posts
That is BS to resell CMP ammo, but I see it at every gunshow. I think that if people are caught doing it, they should get their purchase privelages revoked. What a crock.
I hear ya....but as long as CMP gets "its price" for the ammo and the program continues...what is the complaint? Those resellers are not hurting the program in any way...for sure they pumped $360,000 into the CMP coffers just this weekend on the AP ammo deal alone.

I will not sell CMP ammo or buy CMP hawked ammo from those guys but it just seems Un American to sell someone something and then tell them what they can or CAN NOT do with it.

I do get a BIG RASH when guys from a CMP Club haul ammo the club got from CMP for Youth Shoots etc and try and sell that at the shows. This may not be too common these days, but I have seen DCM ammo offered at prices that only someone who got it FREE could be happy with. That is a shame...no, a CRIME!

· Registered
8,671 Posts
although some people bought them to shoot, in matches or just for shooting, a LOT of them bought it to re-sell at very high prices at gunshows.
Now on Gunbroker by those who could drive to the CMP store and pick it up.....more to follow by those waiting for their shipment to arrive.

· Registered
8,671 Posts
This time was different, and I'm sure some people just were not fast enough to get some.

I got my four cans coming though. No intention of shooting or selling it. Plan on placeing it with the 3-4k rounds of armour piercing .223 and 7.62x39 I also have. If we ever have a problem with zombies wearing body armour - I'm ready.
I tried to get 4 cans for myself...but my Texas State Rifle Assn. card on file was "out of date". I scanned the new one Friday afternoon and emailed it up to CMP. They "reset" me on Monday morning....TOO LATE FOR ME!

· Registered
8,671 Posts
My sympathy to you.

For anyone in a similar situation in the future - you can actually join the Garand Colector Association over the phone, and they will vouch for you. Same day.

Think the VA State Shooting Assoc. did the same for me once, but hear they cant now.
Problem was.. I found out Friday AFTER the CMP office was closed that I needed updating. Ecart access was not granted to me until 10 AM Monday and the cart system had been taking orders all weekend. By the time I was "good to go" the ammo was "good and gone"!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.