Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CMP has closed both stores to catch up on mail/ online orders. I had an appointment to finally go pick out a Garand in May, and now I’m at a loss.

With the BM59 kits that are available from Sarco and Numrich, there seem to be parts missing. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I feel such a strong need to build a Garand from scratch? Is there a more lucrative/ cost effective way to go?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,755 Posts
The sarco bm59 kits are missing almost 400 bucks worth of garand parts.NTM the receiver...and that's if you want to build a 308 Garand (And if you are lucky enough to get serviceable parts from Dupage Trading).

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
If you are looking for a .308 Garand and facing a long wait or missing parts, why not just go for a M1A rifle ? I have a M1 Garand I purchased from the DCM in 1992 that I never shoot. It is in very near perfect condition and I want to keep it in that condition. I bought a Springfield M1A that I shoot quite a bit and it will do everything a Garand will do with higher mag. capacity. Just my thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.