Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a near perfect example. Best $565.00 I ever spent !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Was this the Underwood? Congratulations. I purchased an Inland when they were up for sale. Received an almost totally correct one except for the operating handle. What a lot of fun to shoot. Post some picutres. I'm thinking of getting a Winchester when they go on sale in January.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Inland

Not your Underwood, but my mid 1944 Inland, love it, the most fun to shoot of all my rifles. It's condition totally exceeded my expectations, looks and shoots great. Got it from the CMP in their second Inland release. JIM

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congratulations on the nice rifle, Uncle Joe.

Having only fired an old, beat-up M1 carbine once back in the late '60s (and being seriously unimpressed), I am surprised at how accurate these little popguns are.

I bought one CMP Inland ... liked the accuracy & feel (even with the short buttstock) and purchased a 2nd when the opportunity presented itself.

Kim

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
:confused:Glad to hear that some got almost totally correct /near perfect examples. Those are VERY stong descriptions, so they have WWll style Peep sights/correct low/high wood stocks etc?? Not trying to rain on your parade, just asking for details and Pics are worth a 1000 words etc.If as described WELL BOUGHT!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yes

According to the Reisch book mine is all correct except for the operating handle. An Inland for $495 from the CMP. I have changed the wood out to a type III walnut stock which is correct for the serial number range. The beech stock that came with it did not do anything for me. By Buddy wants to swap operating handles out with mine to make mine totally correct but I bought it as a shooter. No biggie to me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
:confused:Glad to hear that some got almost totally correct /near perfect examples. Those are VERY stong descriptions, so they have WWll style Peep sights/correct low/high wood stocks etc?? Not trying to rain on your parade, just asking for details and Pics are worth a 1000 words etc.If as described WELL BOUGHT!
???

Hi, Charlie ... relative to M1 carbines, I don't think that I could care less about "correct" so long as they are not beat-up, have excellent chamber/bore/muzzle and are accurate.

I have one/each M1(SG-marked) & M2(SA-marked replacement) wood (one/each 2-rivet & 4-rivet HG), tight TGs, original barrels with excellent chamber/bore/muzzle and they are both very accurate (one could use a timing tweak) ... limited testing suggests that one is ~2MOA-capable and the other, ~3MOA.

I have no pics of them to spare, sorry.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Here are some Pic's of Tiledudes new M1 Carbine

Here are some images of my new CMP Underwood M1 Carbine.

Arrived FedEx last week.

Bore and crown/muzzle like new!

Tiledude

·
Registered
957 Posts
More Images...

Here are some more images of the Underwood and included are some shots of the earlier CMP Inland M1 Carbine. Came with M2 stock. Both have original barrels in greaty shape.

Tiledude

·
Registered
683 Posts
Has anyone bought an M1 Garand from there? I was thinking about it, need some input, thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
not to encourage thread hijacking but yes the garands are incredibly worth it. ~600 for an incredibly nice looking rifle with unbeatable customer service, i say do it if you have the money and have been looking to get one.

now back on target, that is a nice looking carbine. i have been wanting to get one but unfortunately they were out of stock when i had the funds. let us know how it shoots!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts