Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED

Shipping will $3.50 for the first volume purchased by an individual buyer and $1.50 for each subsequent volume in that purchase. Unless alternate arrangements are made the books will be shipped USPS Media Mail and only to the US.

I accept cheques, money orders, cash but not PayPal (as I have no desire to pay the exorbitant fees that they deem appropriate). Books will be shipped within 4 business days of payment clearing. PM me for other payment methods. The preferred method is cheques as I had a MO go missing in the mail and that is unpleasant for all parties, though the buyer was a true gentleman.

Please post a reply on this thread and PM me if you would like any of these works.

The first 4 of the following books are part of the series published by the Office of the Chief of Military History (Dept of Army) which stems from General Staff historical branch in July 1943 and the subsequent gathering of a large team of historians, translators, editors, and cartographers to record the official history of World War II. This team began publication of the United States Army in World War II series (the well-known "green books"), which number 79 volumes.

1. US Army in WWII; Special Studies; Three Battles: Arnaville, Altuzzo and Schmidt. Hardback, no dj, good reading condition. Maps present and at back of volume. $10
2. US Army in WWII; The Army Ground Forces:The Organization of Ground Combat Troops. Hardback, no dj, good reading condition. $10
3. US Army in WWII; European Theater of Operations: The Siegfried Line Campaign Hardback, no dj, good reading condition. Maps present and at back of volume. $10
4. US Army in WWII; Technical Studies; The Quartermaster Corps Operations in the War Against Germany Hardback, no dj, good reading condition. Maps present and at back of volume. $10
5. The Army Air Forces in WWII Volume II Aug 42 - Dec43 Europe Hardback no dj average reading condition $10
6. The Army Air Forces in WWII Volume III Jan 44 - May 45 Europe Hardback no dj average reading condition $10
13. Lonely Warrior: courageous story of a fighter pilot; one of the few. paperback, good reading condition $2
14. SOLD* Queen Victoria's Little Wars. Fascinating and fantastic read. Softback good reading condition $5
15. Turning Wheels by Cloete, a novel of the Boer experience in Africa at the time of the Great Trek North Hardback, NO dj. Good reading condition $6
16. Maritime Supremacy. Softback, good reading condition. $5

Soviet postcards. $2.50 each, these are used and have writing on the back. First card ships for $1 any additional ones ship for free. If purchased with a book these ship for free. Buy that bit of good Commie May Day propaganda to go with the Mosin in the gun safe.

17. The card with the medal and letter on it says "Congratulations on Victory" (Top Right)
18. SOLD* The one with the badges and flags is in Ukrainian and says "Glory to the Soviet Army" (Bottom Left)
19. Top Left commemorates 1 May (2 copies available)
20. Center top also commemorates 1 May
21. Center right column is another May Day piece
22. Center bottom row. May Day
23. Bottom Right, Glory to the October (Revolution)

The Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, commonly known as DANFS, is the foremost reference regarding US naval vessels. Published in nine volumes (from 1959 to 1991), it gives histories for virtually every US naval vessel. I have 5 volumes for sale individually. These are hardback in average reading condition $10 each.

24. Dictionary of American Naval Ships Volume II, C-F plus appendices Confederate Forces afloat Good condition
25. Dictionary of American Naval Ships Volume III, 1968 G-K plus appendices on Civil War Naval Ordnance, Monitors and more. Average condition. Binding good.
26. SOLD* Dictionary of American Naval Ships Volume IV, L-M plus appendices on amphibs and aviation auxiliaries. Ex-lib average condition
27. Dictionary of American Naval Ships Volume V, N-Q plus the Stone Fleet and aircraft Good condition
28. Dictionary of American Naval Ships Volume VI, R-S Ex-lib

29. Military History, Hardback w/ dj good reading condition. Great articles on a wide range of topics. $6
30. Victory Through Airpower by DeSeversky Hardback no dj 1942. Hardback no dj average reading condition. $6
31. SOLD* The Steel Bonnets, The Story of the Anglo-Scottish Border Reivers by G. MacDonald Fraser. Trade Paperback average reading condition. $5
32. TM 9-10050224-10 Operators Manual for the M-60 Softback, good reading condition, ships for free with any other purchase for which shipping is paid. 4 copies available $3 each
33. Threat Recognition Guide (revised edition) Produced by the 7 Intelligence Company (UK). Softback. Ships for free with any other volumes for which S&H is paid. Good condition. $5

39. Inside the British Army by Anthony Beevor. Hardback with dj. Good reading condition. $6
40. SOLD* Vanished Kingdoms: The Rise and Fall of States and Nations Softback by Norman Davies. Excellent read. Good reading condition. $5
41. The Hindenburg. Hardback average reading condition $2
42. A Distant Mirror by Tuchman Hardback w/ dj. Average reading condition. $5
43. Napoleon's Privates: 2,500 years of History Unzipped. Hardback w dj, good reading condition $3
44. On War by Von Clausewitz Hardback with dj. Good reading condition $4
45. Theodore Rex by Morris. Hardback very good reading condition. First Edition. $10
46. Tournament of Shadows: The Great Game and the Race for Central Asia Softback, good reading condition. $4

47. Flying Aces: Aviation Art of WWII. Softback good reading condition. $7
48. SOLD* DC-3 and C-47 Gooney Birds. Softback with superb photos. Good reading condition $7
49. SR-71 Blackbird in Action. Great info and pictures. Softback good reading condition $5

56. Who's who in WWII. Hardback good reading condition w/ dj. $5
57. Duty, A Father, His Son and the Man Who Won the War by Greene. Hardback Good reading condition. $4
58. The London Blitz; by Johnson Softback average reading condition. $3
59. SOLD* Inside the Third Reich by Speer. Hardback NO dj Good reading condition. $6
78. Spy Trader; Germany's Devil's Advocate and the darkest Secrets of the Cold War. Hardback with dj good reading condition. $5
80. SOLD* A Time to Die, Untold Story of the Kursk Tragedy. Hardback w/ dj. Good reading condition. $6
81. SOLD* Shadows on the Horizon: The Battle of Convoy HX-233. Hardback w/ dj. Very Good reading condition. $7
83. SIGNED Give me my Spirit Back: Autobiography of CW White USA Retd The Last of the Buffalo Soldier Softback average reading condition. $7

85. The Sea Captain's Wife; Story of Love Race and War in the Nineteenth Century. Hardback w/ dj $4
86. Register of Commissioned and Warrant Officers of the USN on Active Duty 1 Oct 1994. Hardback good reading condition. No dj. $10
87. The Inaugural Book 1973 President Richard Nixon. Hardcover w/ dj average reading condition. $10

95. Black Belt Patriotism Chuck Norris. Hardback very good condition $1
96. SOLD* A Necessary Evil: History of American Distrust of Government. Hardback, good reading condition. $4
97. SOLD* SIGNED Spin Cycle: Inside the Clinton Propaganda Machine by Kurtz. Hardback, good reading condition. $5
98. Power Rules: Common Sense Resolve US Foreign Policy. Hardback, good reading condition. $1
99. SOLD* Holy War on the Home Front: Secret Islamic Terror Network in the US. Hardback, good reading condition. $5
100. Guns Freedom and Terrorism. Hardback, good reading condition. $4
103. SOLD Lost Ships of Guadalcanal. Hardback good reading condition, great pictures. $6

106. Small Arms Today. Softback average reading condition $8
126. SOLD* Lost Victories by Manstein, a must read. Softback, good reading condition $7

149. SOLD* No pull out with this one. The LI-2 (I mistakenly originally listed this as the IL-2)
150. No pull out with this one . The first jet MIG

179. Unaccountable Congress Hardback w./dj '92 edition good reading condition $1
180. I Love You, Ronnie: The Letters of Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan Hardback w/ dj good reading condition $2
185. Fearful majesty: Life and Reign of Ivan the Terrible. Hardback w/ dj good reading condition $5
188. Reagan Inside Out Hardback w/ dj good reading condition $2
190. Army of the Potomac from the Catton Series, Hardback w/ dj good reading condition $3

ume written by Ellis in 1921 and reprinted in this 1992 FMFRP has a biography of Ellis; and his work which foretold the war with Japan and attempted to describe where the conflict would be carried out. "The volume is priceless as it shows clearly Maj Ellis' thoughts and his extraordinary accuracy, especially in light of the 20 year gap between his writing and the actual outbreak of hostilities." Interestingly there is a disclaimer regarding the racist tone of the work. -$15

The Door Marked Malaya, Marine Corps FMFRP 12-28 by Oliver Crawford. The FMFRP series were published by the USMC to ensure "dissemination of useful information that is not intended to become doctrine". This particular FMFRP is by Oliver Crawford who served as a British second lieutanant in Singapore and Malaya in 1954-1955. It is 237 a page soft cover that measures 7 3/4 X 10 1/2 inches and tells the story of the Communist insurgency in British Malaya (today's Malaysia). -$20

On Winter Warfare FMFRP 12-48 The FMFRP series were published by the USMC to ensure "dissemination of useful information that is not intended to become doctrine". This particular FMFRP was originally written by G Swinzow of the US Army Cold Regions Research Lab and looks at winter warfare and has sections on the Winter war and the Battle at Stalingrad. Being a reprint the photographs in the original did not transfer well but the text and maps are fully legible. This is a 236 page soft cover volume that measures approx 8 1/2 X 11 inches-$30

. The Last Lion; Winston Spencer Churchill; Alone 1932-1940. Hardback, good reading condition, First Edition. $6
. Swift and Effective Retribution: The US SIXTH Fleet and the confrontation with Qaddafi. Softback good reading condition $3
. Crusade in Europe by Ike. Hardback w/ damaged dj. Possible first edition (it looks like it but I can not be sure) Good reading condition. $10
. Dreadnought: Britain and Germany and the coming of the Great War. Hardback w/ dj good reading condition First Edition. $7
. Hitler's Willing Executioners Hardback with dj good reading condition. $6
. Mother was a Gunners Mate; WWII in the WAVES Hardback with dj good reading condition. $4
. Ashes of Glory; Richmond at War Hardback with dj good reading condition. $7
. Hitler; an Illustrated Life. Hardback with dj good reading condition. $6
. Pseudoscience and the Paranormal. Softback average reading condition. $2
. SIGNED (by the film producer Ken Wales) Hero for Humanity; Biography of William Wilberforce. Hardback good reading condition. $8
. Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq Hardback w/ dj good reading condition $4

. History of British Military Bands Vol I Including the Paras and the Gurkhas. Hardback w/ dj. Good reading condition. NOTE CD is NOT included $10
. SIGNED The Lucky Bastards Club: Letters to my wife from the left seat. Fascinating and touching read. Softback good reading condition. $6
. Cracking Hitler's Atlantic Wall: The Story of Landing Craft Infantry Group 34. Hardback, good reading condition, $9

. Flyboys a true story of courage. Hardback w/ dj Good reading condition. $5
. German Tanks and Armored Vehicles 1914-1945. Softback, nice reference. good reading condition (see scuff lower left of cover) $6
. Army of Northern Virginia Osprey Men-at-Arms, Good reading condition$7
CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'll take #80 Shadows on the Horizon and #81 A time to die
Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll take:

14. Queen Victoria's Little Wars. Fascinating and fantastic read. Softback good reading condition $5
18. The one with the badges and flags is in Ukrainian and says "Glory to the Soviet Army" (Bottom Left)
31. The Steel Bonnets, The Story of the Anglo-Scottish Border Reivers by G. MacDonald Fraser. Trade Paperback average reading condition. $5
40. Vanished Kingdoms: The Rise and Fall of States and Nations Softback by Norman Davies. Excellent read. Good reading condition. $5

PM me with address for payment and total.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I'll take " A necessary evil", "Holy war on the home front" and " spin cycle"........sending pm

·
Oak Leaves with Clusters Member
3,441 Posts
I'll take:

26. Dictionary of American Naval Ships Volume IV, L-M plus appendices on amphibs and aviation auxiliaries. Ex-lib average condition
48. DC-3 and C-47 Gooney Birds. Softback with superb photos. Good reading condition $7
149. No pull out with this one. The IL-2

PM me with payment info.

Thanks,

Neal

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
My books showed up. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More added. To the buyers; if there is an asterix after the word "SOLD" on your purchase then your books has been shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts