Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
genleman

I walking around with the idea of buying a MAS 36 but cant remeber to read ever something about clip's.
will stripper stripper clips for the swedish mauser rifle work in the MAS?

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,647 Posts
Sarco Inc. and quite a few other places on the internet sells the correct French made 'lame-chargeurs' for the MAS series of weapons.
Patrick

·
Silver Bullet member
1,086 Posts
Never tried the Swedish clips, but seems the MAS are actually easier to find.

·
Copper Bullet member
599 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was wondering this myself. Now to just find quality ammo as I don't have the time to reload much anymore and my supply is running low.

·
Sponsor
953 Posts
I bought some Swedish Mauser stripper clips off GunBroker about a year ago as they were advertsed as being compatible with the MAS 36.....they aren't!! The seller was good though & offered me a full refund but I decided to keep them, as you just never know what might turn up in the future!
I found some original French-made MAS clips, also on GB, bought those & never looked back. The French ones are aluminum & may be a bit more delicate than some other clips, but they seem to be holding up ok.

·
Silver Bullet member
150 Posts
Hi

Obviously the Swedish clips may work for 7.5MAS made from 6.5mm Swedish, which used to be the only way to go until proper 7.5mm x 54 became available. This could have been the seed that fed the urban legend that Swedish clips work for 7.5MAS.

·
Sponsor
953 Posts
Obviously the Swedish clips may work for 7.5MAS made from 6.5mm Swedish

I didn't mean that the cartridges wouldn't fit in the clips, it was a case of the clips not fitting the rifle correctly. I recall that the tabs on the side of the clip that controls how deep it goes into the guide were in the wrong place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.