Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gents,

I bought a 91/38 calvary carbine rebarreled to 7.62 x 39 and have been working through the process of getting it to function reliably. I replaced the follower spring and get better upward tension on the rounds. After successfully feeding and extracting the first round, however, the clip latch prevents the second round from rising within the clip/magazine. I have to press the clip latch release button to allow the second round to rise, and then it functions as it should.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to correct it?

thanks,

geoff

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
You have the only 7.62x39 conversion I have heard of; you will probably have to solve your unique problems yourself.

That said, carefully removing material from the front of the clip latch may give you the clearance you need.

Would like to see picts of the breech, and the magazine with rounds in place!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gents,

I'm not sure how it relates, but squeezing the open portion of the clips together to get a tighter fit on the rounds also had the effect of solving the problem of the clip latch catching the second round, or at least it did for a short firing session yesterday.

I've added a couple of photos, including one showing the rounds in place as Mr. Voigt requested.

Regards,

geoff

Shotgun
Auto part

·
Registered
Carcano collector.
365 Posts
You have the only 7.62x39 conversion I have heard of; you will probably have to solve your unique problems yourself.

That said, carefully removing material from the front of the clip latch may give you the clearance you need.

Would like to see picts of the breech, and the magazine with rounds in place!
There have been actually quite a few conversions to x39. Seen a couple pictures of one where a single stack AK magazine was used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.