Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size thread die would be used for a T99, Zero series cleaning rod? Are they 23.75 inches long as listed in Honercutt?

Thanks in advance. db

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, also are these rods marked and if so how and where? A lot of repros out there. thanks again...db

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How's this are these threads metric or inches? I am looking to run a tap over an existing cleaning rod to 'clean it up' and do not want to ruin it.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
Nagoya rods are usually marked on the slotted end; threads would be metric- I don't know the size or pitch. Victor Soto will see this and let you know.

PS-your 40mm repro went into the mail this am; thanks.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hi dbieske :

The original Nagoya late T-44 - Nagoya 97 - all Type 99 cleaning rod thread is metric size 4 x 0.50 mm . Dies & taps are commercially available at machine tool specialty houses, forget Sears, Snap On or other common outlets.
Vicasoto

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Nagoya rods are marked "ij" near the patch slot usually. type 38 and 97 rods are marked "chi" for Chigusa arsenal and that symbol looks like a letter F but backwords.

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,989 Posts
Nagoya rods are marked "ij" near the patch slot usually. type 38 and 97 rods are marked "chi" for Chigusa arsenal and that symbol looks like a letter F but backwords.
On the T-99 Nagoya rods the "ri" (ij) mark may also be on the tip or it may have the M mark in that spot.
I have a T-38 rod with the "ri" mark - only one I've ever seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts