And may turn your stock into a furry, splintery mess. Water raises the grain and a good soak will really wreck some woods. In fact I'd do any water contact real fast and dirty and dry it off ASAP. Unavoidable in some cleaning so keep it quick.You can always throw stuff in the dishwasher, but that might piss off your SO.
Okay, did you spray it on and let it soak or what? Steel wood scares me, but I can scrounge up a ScotchBrite(TM) pad for this.BTW just did a Francotte-Martini stock with Orange Blast. One shot and steel wool took off 150 years of Katmandu yak grease and brick dust after other solvents didn't work real well. Wiped off with a wet towel then dry and am letting it sit a few days to really dry well before doing more repair work.