Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day chaps,Im tinkerin with the old 73 here. I took of the sideplates and the parts of the action,those hard to reach areas,trigger,hammer,parts of toggle links.Theres some rust in them areas,would anyone happen to have an idea on how to completely clean out the action. Ive heard talk of an "Action cleaning",Redman's Rebarreling offers it as well as relines etc.,Could someone enlighten me to what it is exactly,and how it might be done.

·
Gold Bulllet Member
2,446 Posts
G'day chaps,Im tinkerin with the old 73 here. I took of the sideplates and the parts of the action,those hard to reach areas,trigger,hammer,parts of toggle links.Theres some rust in them areas,would anyone happen to have an idea on how to completely clean out the action. Ive heard talk of an "Action cleaning",Redman's Rebarreling offers it as well as relines etc.,Could someone enlighten me to what it is exactly,and how it might be done.
I have used spray cans of Brake Kleen or Carby Kleen to get rid of the crap and then treat the rusted ereas with kroil oil. Hope this helps. cheers chester.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts