Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,271 Posts
Last ? Only Tula are forced matched and Izhevsk have original serial numbers ?

Hey Royal TIger : how about proof reading the advertisement and clean it up so we really know
what is what here?

A. This is last of PU ever or is it your last shipment this year or what ?
B. These are all force matched refurb PU or just the Tula ?
C. Izhevsk are original rifles with original bolts or refurb'd and same as Tula ?
D. Scopes all match or what ?

Just saying......lay it out clear so folks can evaluate (or panic) with certainty.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Last ? Only Tula are forced matched and Izhevsk have original serial numbers ?

Hey Classic: how about proof reading the advertisement and clean it up so we really know
what is what here?

A. This is last of PU ever or is it your last shipment this year or what ?
B. These are all force matched refurb PU or just the Tula ?
C. Izhevsk are original rifles with original bolts or refurb'd and same as Tula ?
D. Scopes all match or what ?

Just saying......lay it out clear so folks can evaluate (or panic) with certainty.

lol

They are original condition...i.e not arsenal re-finished.
next sentence

However - Many are Arsenal Re-Furbished
Here is what you Should Expect
next sentence

As a group these rifles all appear to be original sniper rifles that went back into the arsenals after the war and had
varying degrees of re-arsenaling done to them

·
Registered
19,271 Posts
Don't know why I posted Classic and was thinking Royal Tiger but I corrected the posting.
I get IO / RT and Classic lumped together at times...

Anyway, my error aside...if the price is $750, a bit of clarity by the advertiser would be
beneficial for an understanding of what one is buying .

I still flag: the use of "Last" remains a sore point. If the rifles are of merit, they usually sell
fine w/o market hype added to incite panic . I think it unfair to cause a feeding frenzy but
it is a market ploy worked hard on gun buyers all the time.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Don't know why I posted Classic and was thinking Royal Tiger but I corrected the posting.
I get IO / RT and Classic lumped together at times...

Anyway, my error aside...if the price is $750, a bit of clarity by the advertiser would be
beneficial for an understanding of what one is buying .

I still flag: the use of "Last" remains a sore point. If the rifles are of merit, they usually sell
fine w/o market hype added to incite panic . I think it unfair to cause a feeding frenzy but
it is a market ploy worked hard on gun buyers all the time.
the quotes in my post is from Classic, so their description is equally as inadequate in telling the customer what is it that they are getting

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got an e-mail from Classic for the "back in stock alert" the other day and when I saw that the website was still out of stock, I gave them a call. They said it was an error and they didn't have any. Strange, looks like they are indeed back in stock. I was half tempted to order another, but now I'm very weary purchasing any PU rifle. 3 times in a row I've ended up with rifles with issues (sewer bore, crooked scope base, etc.) I'm not sure I want to risk it again. Royal Tiger is offering the "all matching serials" and excellent overall condition, although at a much higher price. I don't think I'll be buying one again unless it is local and I can see it in person.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I got a great 43 Tula from SAMCO, paid for the hand select, then called and spoke to Mark in the parts department down there. He picked out a few and sent me some pics so I could make a good decision. All stamped matching - floorplate, buttplate, bolt, and barrel shank. It does have some Izshevsk parts- barrel bands, front sight, and pieces of the bolt. But it is in a 1942/3 Tula stock, cant make out the last digit clearly but the star and the 194X is clearly visible. Also had a 1941 Kharkov scope. Not a bad deal, atleast in my mind, for 700.00 total after shipping and FFL fees.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,563 Posts
Business wise don't make sense, but this is probably same batch of last year, holding on to them. Importers normally have a number assign for each dealer, will see, if more will show up maybe Aim is next!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.