Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wanted a Mod. 35 Radom since I was a teenager. I am not sure why, but there is something about it. I fell in love with the 1911 early on, so maybe it is the allure of the similar design in 9mm and the neat history that goes with it.

Anyway I have been talking to an older guy at work about guns since he has been collecting for year. He is big into small bore rifles and S&W revolvers, civilian stuff generally. I tell him I am big into older military stuff so he tells me he has a Radom he has had sitting in his safe for 15-20 years he has never fired. Anyway, today he comes in, tells me he took the Radom out, looked it at, that it was Nazi Proofed marked, its Class II wartime model in excellent shape and then as I am saying how awesome that is he asks if I want it. I jumped at it, and asked how much. So I got to leave work with a nice matching wartime Radom for $400. My week is made!
:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
You stole that! Congratulations. My favorite axis 9mm, and yes I have a hi power but the vis is more robust.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
Great deal on that pistol. The grips appear to be dark brown, are they? If so, I would greatly appreciate a pic of the back of the grips. Second A and Second B blocks are where most of the dark brown grips turn up and they are not that common, if this is a pair. Thanks.

·
Banned
901 Posts
I like it, but money was stronger :thumbsup:. I had rare one with groove for buttstock :) very nice gun. My friend ordered for such gun in excelent condition original grips of black wood with silver Letters :grin:

Anybody see original buttstock for it ????????????????

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great deal on that pistol. The grips appear to be dark brown, are they? If so, I would greatly appreciate a pic of the back of the grips. Second A and Second B blocks are where most of the dark brown grips turn up and they are not that common, if this is a pair. Thanks.
Nah, the grips on this one are just the regular black.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,963 Posts
I like it, but money was stronger :thumbsup:. I had rare one with groove for buttstock :) very nice gun. My friend ordered for such gun in excelent condition original grips of black wood with silver Letters :grin:

Anybody see original buttstock for it ????????????????
No original buttstocks for it are known, except for one in a museum in Poland. Some repos, made to the same specs were made and sold a few years ago. But to attach one, makes the pistol a class 3 weapon.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No original buttstocks for it are known, except for one in a museum in Poland. Some repos, made to the same specs were made and sold a few years ago. But to attach one, makes the pistol a class 3 weapon.
Would it? I would think it would be covered by the same doctrine the ATF has applied to guns like the Luger and C96 where so long as the butt stock is original or in spec with the original it is legal to attach the butt stock as such weapons are unlikely to be used for crime. But then again, with the ATF its best to be damn sure before you commit a felony by mistake.

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
Just a slight comment, It's a "VIS" made at Radom Arsenal.
Would have been even better if the nazi chicken had not been stamped on it, but still a goodie.
Wiah I had been smarter as a teenager. Had one, but got talked out of it for a 1902 U.S. Marked colt 38ACP and later got talked out of that! Sigh!

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,099 Posts
AS CPW pointed out the Polish never made any P35 stock beyond a few prototypes, one of which is in the Radom Museum. Copies were made for sale and some came over here back in the 1990's.
To legally attach on a repro P35 VIS stock to a pistol with the mainspring housing slot you would have to do the Short Barreled Rifle paperwork and pay the $200 tax stamp to register the combination as a SBR. I looked into this when back in the 1990's I was offered one of the very well made Radom museum repro VIS stocks. The dealer who was selling it had told me that they had been approved as C&R by BATF but he was mistaken. It was a good thing I did the research beforehand.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,963 Posts
AS CPW pointed out the Polish never made any P35 stock beyond a few prototypes, one of which is in the Radom Museum. Copies were made for sale and some came over here back in the 1990's.
To legally attach on a repro P35 VIS stock to a pistol with the mainspring housing slot you would have to do the Short Barreled Rifle paperwork and pay the $200 tax stamp to register the combination as a SBR. I looked into this when back in the 1990's I was offered one of the very well made Radom museum repro VIS stocks. The dealer who was selling it had told me that they had been approved as C&R by BATF but he was mistaken. It was a good thing I did the research beforehand.
You are lucky. I purchased one - then I did the research. So now the stock resides at my daughter's house a couple hundred miles away. At least I think she still has it but I have not seen it for several years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.