Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike Riddick blanched when I walked back to our table at NGD holdng a box...inside was a Clairidge 9mm carbine with synthetic stock. Hard to describe..barrel partly covered with metal guard with round holes. The receiver is a space age looking cast affair. The stock is a slim line synthetic streamlined style I have never seen or imagined. The carbine looks like it would be light weight but actually weighs about 6.2 pounds. There is not much to go on as far as searches go. Made in North Ridge CA in the 90's. They made pistols and carbines. This one is 9mm but I think they might have been in other calibers. Some law enforcement agencies used these strange looking carbines..a tactical version. The design was copied from another manufacturer. http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2000/2027.htm

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would like to have one of the Clairidge pistols. You are right, they were copies of the Goncz Armament pistols. A real Goncz sells for multiple thousands of dollars these days.

The Clairidge pistols were prominent in the movie Total Recall. I don't know if anyone noticed, but they made a very brief cameo in Iron Man II as well.

Do you know if Clairidge carbines were made in anything besides 9x19? BTW, if you need magazines, the Beretta 92 mag can be made to work.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Goncz editions were hand built and very limited. Interesting that you mention "Total Recall"..most of the internet info was in reference to the Claridge weapons in films or on TV. I like oddball...I bought one of the "Leader" rifles a couple of years ago. Several folks at the Knob Creek Shoot could spot it from 30 feet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts