Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend moving to Chula Vista, CA. Can anybody give me a quick rundown on hi-cap handguns (he has a Glock) city/county laws?

Thanks!

Ed

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Don't go!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If you are moving in from out of state, Ca. laws require you to report handgun ownership using a New Resident Handgun Ownership Report form with a fee of $19 per handgun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
parts

Dissemble the magazines, theres no law pertaining to the mag parts. As long as they are not imported assembled, no law is broken. According to the law, you could not assemble them but at least youre not out anything. 10 round mags are the only thing ok here, unless you had the mags before the ban several years ago -then they are grandfathered.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
How does one identify a magazine that's been in the state since 1999? It seems to me it would be a case of "he said/she said" or "prove it hasn't been here in the since since 1999."

·
Registered
205 Posts
Doin't go there!!Tell him to kiss his 2nd amendment rights good by.Register my handgun?I doin't think so.If I'm a law abiding citizen,then the government doesn't need to know what I own.I went thru all the hoops to buy this firearm.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,671 Posts
How does one identify a magazine that's been in the state since 1999? It seems to me it would be a case of "he said/she said" or "prove it hasn't been here in the since since 1999."

That's right - but do YOU want to be in court with the resources iof the PRK on the other side trying? The aggravation alone would probably shorten your life by years, and every hour in court or a lawyer's office is money spent for things other than ammo and guns and time you didn't get to spend on the range.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
New York bans magazines over 10 rounds with older magazines grandfathered. Long story short....companies like Glock for one have given NY Authorities keys about markings on different mags and slight construction differences that were changed at various years.

·
93,671 Posts
I always knew there was something I didn't like about Glocks. Perhaps a management that collaborates with villains (well, Austria has a history of that, Seyss-Inquart recalled by anyone else?) explains it...

Note: comparison of New York's hoplophobes in office to Nazis may be offensive to some. I apologize to any surviving members of the NSDAP who are bothered by it.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
pretty much every major PD in NY state uses Glocks so i guess thats why. I love glocks they keep on firing. But with their primary customer being law enforcement I see that they know which side their bread is buttered on. Bill Bratton loves Glocks.

·
Copper Bullet member
5,395 Posts
Glock is a company in bussiness to make money and they make lots of money selling to PDs. It also ups their market share and makes the gun appealling to civilians. If a PD requests info on guns then its their duty to provide that info and keep the PR good with their bread and butter. I don't think Glock does this to screw american buyers but the intention of local politicians is to eventually disarm their populace so register to vote and vote those sorry A-holes out of office!

·
93,671 Posts
No, just because a PD asks for information, they (manufacturer) are NOT under a duty to supply same. Not unless it is part of a criminal investigation and there is a subpoena, they aren't.

·
Registered
50 Posts
parts

In CA, you can use existing hicap parts to repair magazines you may already own. The comment that some authority may somehow check to see if you did really doesnt apply here since it is pretty much impossible to tell, in fact you might have replaced every part that was damaged or destroyed.

·
Registered
548 Posts
2 sides to every story.

FWIW:
The magazine date info that Glock reported provided might have saved somebody's a$$ from a false charge. Info can work both ways.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I always knew there was something I didn't like about Glocks. Perhaps a management that collaborates with villains (well, Austria has a history of that, Seyss-Inquart recalled by anyone else?) explains it...

And Smith & Wesson caving to Klinton, and Ruger voluntarily down-sizing mini-14 magazines, etc. It would appear some American companies wimp out too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts