Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that another member has the same AVATAR as I do. In absence of info , I just ASSUMED that it was first come first served. Am I wrong?/ Sorry a small blip and deceided to ask. Yes as far as I can determine, I did choose it first. Thanks.

·
Silver Bullet member
181 Posts
Unless these boards are different, avatars are not uniquely assigned. Even if a set as supplied on the forums were checked out "one per customer" there's nothing stopping a custom avatar from resembling or being exactly like a pre-existing avatar.

I'm not certain that this should be an issue, and pretty darn certain there's nothing administratively that can be done about it. Kinda like two gals wearing the same formal to the prom, it might feel uncomfortable but there's little that can be done.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
The above is correct. I can not load 34,000 of these on the boards and let each pick his own. You can upload you own if you wish.

·
Registered
21,157 Posts
Such is the beauty of chosing one's own avatar. Thankfully the Powers-that-be (Tuco, Vic, etc.) have once again blessed us with this oportunity. Find a picture that you feel reflects you in some way or another, crop it to the correct size, import it to "Edit Avatar" in the User Control Panel and, Shazaam!, your posts are uniquely your own.

BTW Tuco, when will we get the Toolbar and Smileys back for the Reply to Thread/Post Thread field?

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Such is the beauty of chosing one's own avatar. Thankfully the Powers-that-be (Tuco, Vic, etc.) have once again blessed us with this oportunity. Find a picture that you feel reflects you in some way or another, crop it to the correct size, import it to "Edit Avatar" in the User Control Panel and, Shazaam!, your posts are uniquely your own.

BTW Tuco, when will we get the Toolbar and Smileys back for the Reply to Thread/Post Thread field?
Its there- you need to use the post reply option or the quick reply then hit the "go advanced" button and they appear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts