Gunboards Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Wish they had! Story I read somewhere is that Norinco had just about finished a semi-auto version when the doors got shut! Supposedly offers better accuracy than an AK.
Would love to see kits imported, and a US made receiver built. Unlikely though as there does'nt appear to have been a lot of foreign sales. Only country I have heard outside of China is Sri Lanka. One of the few weapons I have'nt seen being used in Iraq.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Got any pics of a Type 81?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to have one of the new Type 95 rifles. Do you think they will ever let Norinco import rifles into the US?

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
ATS76 - where do you live that you have one. Are they in Canada??

Tom

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would imagine you could get one in canada. Its sad but Canada has better gun laws than us(sometimes).

·
Registered
14 Posts
It would have taken only the smallest amount of political "will" for the current Republican Administration to over-turn any of the numerous Executive Orders or Voluntary Restraint Agreements (Russia) related to firearms, signed by the previous Clinton Administration. And yet, in close to seven years of compassionate conservatism, nothing at all for the folks who brought them to the dance (i.e. gunowners). You can be rest assured you won't see anything better from the Senator from New Yorks' future Administration.

I apologize for the political swing but the answer is no, you will never, ever again be able to purchase anything but mattresses, clothing, bicycles, utensils, flatware, dishes, children's toys, tv's, Ipods, computers, software and everything under the sun manufactured by NORINCO in Communist China. Oh yeah, and a shotgun. But never again a real firearm or ammunition for the same American Gunowner. Ever.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
51,147 Posts
I guess if you have to ask it's too much but how much would you expect a guy to pay for one?

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
How about a review - how does it compare to an AK? I'm drooling!!!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
How about a review - how does it compare to an AK? I'm drooling!!!!!
On the old board, some time ago, Don Francis posted a whole bunch of pictures of his Type-81 including the original sales literature. This guy has one of almost everything!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ill bet he doesnt have a tabuk or an al kadesih.

Wow, I really want one of those. Is it in 7.62 or in 5.56?

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I think I have counted four 7.62x39 Type 81s now, and one 5.56 Nato Type 81 in the US. Would'nr be surprised if there were more.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.