Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks for sharing. That's interesting. They auctioned off 2 with much higher than what they asked for on their website. Seems like very positive sign.

·
Gold Bullet member
10,351 Posts
Interesting! Thinking about all the Tokarev pistols; Russian, Polish, Romanian, and Yugoslavian, that were absolutely butchered before someone had the brains to incorporate the Glock style trigger safety makes me sad. :cry:

And angry beyond words at the mindless, feel good bureaucracy that ordered the butchery. :angry:

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Interesting! Thinking about all the Tokarev pistols; Russian, Polish, Romanian, and Yugoslavian, that were absolutely butchered before someone had the brains to incorporate the Glock style trigger safety makes me sad

I don't believe it has anything to do with "brains", but it has to do with $$$$$$$, just like everything else in this world . it's far less cheaper, faster and less complicated just to drill a hole and install a safety selector, then to pay for redesign a trigger and it's components and installation.

back in the day, there were several importers for TTs and each one tried hard to have theirs just a little less expensive then next importer, you don't do that by spending a lot of a modification

importers are in the business to make money not to bow to the whims of "collectors", if that satisfy the import law and it cost XX cents per unit to do, that is all that matters to them.

now that surplus firearms are dried up, any new ones that are imported in small number by one importer, it's now worth to pay extra for that modification because there if no competing importers to go against

·
Diamond Bullet Member
7,791 Posts
Thanks for posting. I grabbed one.
Will do a video unboxing review once it's here.

Can't beat that price.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
710 Posts
Thanks for posting. I grabbed one.
Will do a video unboxing review once it's here.

Can't beat that price.
I agree with ncreptile. Can't beat the price point for a late issue Type 54 without a frame mounted safety. These look to be a bargain.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Just ordered one. This is a jump and go type of situation. Maybe they’ll come down on price, but won’t be by much. Added a OEM mag for $25.

Will post results.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
the seller corrected himself in the description, saying he made a mistake it's not 9mm but x25

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I jumped onboard as well.

SFCret- if it’s anything like the recent Yugo M57 imports with the Glock trigger yes they can be replaced with a standard one.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
if i didn't already have a "unmolested" TT, i would definitely get this one before they are gone

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I saw those couple that R Guns auctioned and was wondering if that had a larger batch. So I jumped on one today. Can't beat the price.

·
Gold Bullet member
10,351 Posts
Just ordered one. This is a jump and go type of situation. Maybe they’ll come down on price, but won’t be by much. Added a OEM mag for $25.

Will post results.
I haven’t been tempted to purchase a newly imported C&R in a long, long time but these Chinese Tokarev pistols are very nice. If I wasn’t waiting for a collector friend to send me a sale list of items that would perfectly complement my collection I would definitely purchase one.

It’s the classic collector’s dilemma of having to pass on something you want now in hopes of possibly getting something you want more later.

·
Copper Bullet member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Already got UPS tracking number, Thursday delivery.
Unmolested trigger ready to go.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I too grabbed one. Am going to have to find an original tok trigger though. Just recently got two almost identical navy arms TU90s, along with the weird chinese tok with slide safety. This will rock, and go well with the other ten I have.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Any help on finding unmolested triggers? Have two yugoslavian with them....but do not want to cannibalize another original, unmolested......

1 - 20 of 229 Posts