Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks:

Wanted to post some photos of a Tokarev I picked up today in a local pawn shop. It's a military Type 54, from 1964, with an 11 million serial number.

It has some defects ... a repaired crack in one of the grips, some pitting on the front of the slide, a little on backstrap, and some freckling on the frontstrap. Some discoloration on the barrel. It has no bringback paperwork.

But on the upside, it's in perfect mechanical condition, bore is excellent, the overall finish is 85% plus, and the numbers are matching save for the magazine. Best news is that they took $225 out the door.

Some pictures follow. What do you folks think about this specimen?

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,639 Posts
I think if i'd seen that one at that price before you did - it would be mine. That is in much better cosmetic condition than most Vietnam bring-backs (few of which still have their paperwork from what I have seen over the years), and certainly in better condition than mine. Though mine is nearly 20 years older and was made by Russians (Izhevsk, 1945). Excellent find.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,099 Posts
Nice score, original Chinese Vietnam era T-54 Tokarev pistols don't show up too often. Yours looks to be in pretty good condition.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ran a mag full of ammo through it this morning. Functioned great. Point of impact was a few inches left of point of aim at ca. 7 meters. I'll be leaving it alone now as I have some other Tokarevs for range time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.