Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an all matching, 1960 dated, Type 53 with a small 5 point star stamped on the stock near the serial number. What does the star mean? Thanks for any information.

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
The star means it's a commie gun! A few of my T-53's have that star too.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Got pics? Sounds nice.

Poot

·
Registered
502 Posts
Chinese proof mark or possibly North Vietnam exceptance proof

I have this Star mark on two of my T-53's that came back from Vietnam (1956 and 1960 date). I have not seen this mark on any of the imported T-53's, as I have two mint 1960 (imports) with out this mark. The five pointed star has been stamped on a number of North Vietnamese weapons with the number #1 inside of the star, and this is a proof mark or exceptance proof of the NVA. The 1960 dated T-53's were suppose to be North Vietnam contract, as the Chinese stop mfg. of the Type-53 in 1956. The 1960 mfg. T-53's were the last version of the M-44/Type-53 manufactured of this weapon. I would really like to find out more about these proof marks myself, I am trying to contact a author in China that is writing a book on weapons used by the NVA during the Vietnam War.
Tex

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I am trying to contact a author in China that is writing a book on weapons used by the NVA during the Vietnam War.
Tex
I hope that this book will be in english....The chinese is not so easy to understand for me;)

Great informations. Thanks Tex!!!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the information. This one doesn't have any import marks and shows a good bit of wear. The barrel was rusty but after a lot of cleaning and shooting, it is not bad at all, and it shoots really good. What are the chances that it was a Vietnam War bring back?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thank you for the information. This one doesn't have any import marks and shows a good bit of wear. The barrel was rusty but after a lot of cleaning and shooting, it is not bad at all, and it shoots really good. What are the chances that it was a Vietnam War bring back?
well no import mark would lead me to believe that it could very well be a bringback but without the papers there's no way of knowing for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts