Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This holster was posted on the Military Handgun forum, as a whatizzit. Poster knew it was Chinese, but not for what pistol. Several opinions were put forward, including a revolver. (due to the number of bullet loops) The general outline pretty much screamed Type 14 to me. A PM was sent, a deal was struck, and it came in todays mail. Obviously, The Chinese didn't believe in wasting leather. Just enough to hold the handgun. I have several of these abbreviated holsters, and so far, have found the pistol most were made for.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really Jareth. I'm going by the general construction, and the cartridge loops on the front. There is an ink stamp inside the flap. It's about a 1" circle, with a line across the middle. There's a large number one on top, and a Chinese character on the bottom. I think it's Chinese military, but could well be post WWII. Their equipment was made by so many entities, over so long a period of time, the variations are endless. That's one of the good, and bad things about collecting Chinese stuff. There's no two alike! Of anything.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No markings on the fastener, just the dot. It is unusual to see that kind of snap, on a Chinese holster. It's possible this could be Japanese. But, the abbreviated construction makes me think not. In the past, people have questioned the presence of lift-the-dot fasteners on Japanese equipment. Many of these snaps were/are made by YKK, which is a Japanese company. Probably the worlds largest fastener company. Before WWII Uncle Sam bought snaps from them, and after. Look at the zipper on your pants, coat, or luggage. It's probably YKK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.