·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Looks mighty fine to me. Price??

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the first time I have seen the .30 cal stamp on one of these. Price..why $10 dollars of course.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Really Nice. I read that the ones with the Chinese characters on top of slide started out as real military guns that had the safety added and were then exported commercially - as opposed to the ones that were built for commercial sale from the beginning. For every 10 safety added Toks I see, maybe one has the Chinese letter/numbers on top. This is the first one I've seen with only 2 characters -most have 3. Good find!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You pointed out the 2 characters..I noticed that myself and recall that 3 were on the others as you mentioned.. I know that the 7.62x25 round was referred to early on in it's history as a .30 cal. I just took this pistol apart and it is all matching down to the barrel bushing..it also is like new internally.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's a nice one too coneten. I always thought these Tokarev's were underpriced for their reliability and fit, and finish. I've been a big fan since bringing one home from VN and can't resist buying one when I see that it has the Chinese characters on top indicating a former military piece! Luckily most of the Norinco's can still be found in the $200 range -but prices are starting to creep up a bit. The last one I found with Chinese characters was $230. Most dealers don't know or care about the former military guns so they don't bring a premium at shows or shops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts