Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just at the pawn shop and they had a 1955 chinese m44 in decent shape, better than most t53s but didnt really look good enough to be refinished. Bolt, mag floorplate, reciever, and buttplate (I think, it had alot of rust) all matched. I forgot to look for an import match:rolleyes: and bore looked dark with ok lands, it had the bayonet and was missing the cleaning rod. They wanted 180$. should I buy it? what should I offer? any advice appreciated

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all parts where there, definatly not unissued. blueing about 80% with some rust spots, however buttplate had little blueing. whats the most I should pay?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
it definately didnt have a billboard, or any import mark at all on the reciever for that matter.
Im goin back around 3:30 EST to take a second look. I guess il offer 125$, I seem to recall seeing one of these sell for 215$ on gunbroker?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^
thats what I was thinkin. this is the only the second one ive seen and the other one was 250$

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
Thing is, they're not spectacularly common, just not in the best of conditions or particularly collectible. Most of them look like they've sat in a damp basement for the past 50 years, and the ones that don't usually don't have any spectacular historical significance to them that drives a surging demand for them. The key exception is when you find a papered vietnam bringback T53. Those can bring incredible prices depending on their matching status and the amount of paperwork included with them.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,672 Posts
I have two T53s. Both are old Navy Arms imports. Both have very small almost invisible import marks. One is on the right rear and the other in on the trigger guard. Unless you go over it with a magnifying glass don't assume it isn't import marked.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,419 Posts
Seriously guys. It's worth $130-$150 OTD if the stock is original finish and the bore is good.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
russ in pa,
you need to go to the bigger gunshows more, just about every decent sized show has at least one. i looked at 4 different ones at the last harrisburg show alone. one i almost brought home, but it was a duplicate of one i already have, a nov 1954 with about 60% finish left,with no import mark for $75. it was by the entrance doors in the third row, about 4 tables in. the guy had all his guns in vertical racks, and had like 4 tables of guns. the highest one i looked at that day was 130, just keep your eyes open, you will find one

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.