Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read what simonov.net had to say about the ChiCom SKS rifles. According to Sutherland the spike bayonet replaced the blade as a result of the Chinese deciding to sell these commercially, in order to make the rifles more appealing.

Huh?

I could have sworn that Chinese SKS rifles that were military-issue had both blade AND spike bayonets. But If I'm in error, does that mean the spike bayonets = non-military rifles?

·
Registered
393 Posts
heres what i was told when i asked the "bayo" question

when the chinese started producing the sks the russians lent a hand as well as parts,the russians were using the blade bayo which is why early chinese have a blade

soon they switched to a spike simply out of preferance,military or non military has nothing to do with it

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
51,159 Posts
Military Chinese SKS's had both blade and spike bayo's, the blades were primarially used till about the mid 60's and the spike were produced after that time frame (both were used up till the end of production). Commerical guns are found with both as well, it depended on what the importer wanted, IMO most Americans seemed to perfer the blade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts