Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'd like to know if there is anyone here, that can tell me how to loosen/remove that stubborn center bolt on this sks rifle? I'm thinking of replacing the stock but really want to remove the fixed mag in order to use a 20 or 30 rd mag. You can email me also at [email protected], Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello, I'd like to know if there is anyone here, that can tell me how to loosen/remove that stubborn center bolt on this sks rifle? I'm thinking of replacing the stock but really want to remove the fixed mag in order to use a 20 or 30 rd mag. You can email me also at [email protected], Thanks.
You do not need to remove the cross bolt to replace the mag or the stock. It is not a connector piece. OIt is simply a support for the reciever and reinforcement for the stock.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't use a flat blade screwdriver to remove it. That will only tear up your stock. The crossbolt does NOT turn. You have to remove the nut with the two holes on the other side and tap the crossbolt out. By the way most hi cap mags for SKS's are crap and generally hurt the value. At least don't throw out the original mag. I've never installed one them but i'm pretty sure you don't need to remove the crossbolt to do it. Just remove the trigger group and original mag. The crossbolt does nothing for disassembly of the rifle.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
personally I think there's alot to be said for some of those nice fully metal 20 round mags, but that's just me. Anything over 30 is a waste though because it'll fall right the hell off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts