Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one of the ealier post. where someone talked about buying a short barreled Chinese SKS with scope base attached, someone stated the mounts and scopes were very desirable and selling for "big bucks". I have several mounts and a "Poly Tech" scope that I think might be for one of them. Bought back in the early 80s.

Can someone post a picture of the scope setup? What are they selling for?

Sorry my camera went on vacation to Minnesota with the family - so no pics of what I have right now.

· Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two types of mounts - One with 1 round hole in side, and one with two round holes in side. Looks like a crude copy of the PU mount. Two hole is a taller mount.

Scopes are defective but are "Poly Tech 2.5X18".

· Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Anyone care to give me a value? Will put them up for sale on WTS board after XMAS. Shorter one is not stamped "CHINA".

Have one of the bases, and it looks like either mount fits it. Think the taller mount might have been for AKs. The taller one does have a manual that calls it a "Red Star" mount for AK.

· Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Anyone got M14 bolts or Chinese 20 rnd AK mags? Will give priority to those first - then first offer to those who answered this thread. Since only two people said they needed one - good chance you will get one.

Videodon - Does'nt look like the mount for the rifle you have pictured?

Better stop this thread though, before a Moderator rightfully chews me out for selling on this board.

Thanks for help - Tom

· Copper Bullet member
2,045 Posts

· Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AKBLUE - At least one is the single hole variant at the bottom of the thread you linked to. Is that a "proper" SKS mount? Thread seems to say there are 3 types of SKS mounts?

Agree that the 2 hole is an AK mount, but seems to work fine in the same base. Just places your scope really high over the rifle.

· Silver Bullet Member
8,337 Posts
AKBLUE - At least one is the single hole variant at the bottom of the thread you linked to. Is that a "proper" SKS mount? Thread seems to say there are 3 types of SKS mounts?

Agree that the 2 hole is an AK mount, but seems to work fine in the same base. Just places your scope really high over the rifle.
As I noted. Ak mount on left. Right is SKS mount. Lower to receiver. Left style avaialable on Polytech site. No source for SKS type mount that I know of.:)

· Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well that shot my enthusiasm to heck. At least no one paid some rediculous amount for them. Worth about what I thought before, and not really worth putting on the WTS board. Will just stick em on my table at the next Richmond show as show fodder.

Hope I did'nt come off bad in this thread. SKS rifles are not my thing - although I own a few.

Thanks - Tom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.