Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to a show at the farmer's market in Atlanta this weekend, was there visiting family for the holidays. Small show and not crowded like the one's here in Houston lately. Saw some Mosin's and M95's, one guy had some real overpriced junk, but there was one vendor that had some nice Persians, a matching Brazilian 08/34, Kar 98 missing half the handguard, and some other things. What caught my eye was the VZ24 with the markings. I checked the bore, dirty but had shine. The wood showed a lot of use but the visible metal was OK. "P" series with what I guess is Chinese on the stock. The bolt, receiver, and stock are mismatched but all are five digits and "P" series. The guy took my C&R so I brought it home for $200. Had a lot of cosmo but once cleaned the bore is really good. See pictures below:

I have read that the "P" sries were used by both the Japanese & Chinese, this one definitely shows an Asian connection.

Have a couple of questions. Where can I get a sling and cleaning rod? Also what bayonets did the Chinese use? The regular Czech ones?

Thanks,
Sgt Dun

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
Cool rifle Sarge!! The cleaning rod is the standard VZ rod fairly common on Ebay. The sling is another question...........Very hard to find, and probably will cost you more then the rifle did!!!

BTW, what is the serial range on the receiver & are there any import marks?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,107 Posts
Hi Sarge,
Great find! The bayonets were the standard Czech Vz24 export models. No Czech Army acceptance markings on the blade or scabbard frog stud. I'm including some pics of one used by the Japanese.

Best regards,
Len

·
Gold Bullet Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SN is P323XX, there is an import mark under the barrel but the only thing readable is czech, I think, it's very faint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts