Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been slowly dismantling and cleaning one of the 2 Chinese 98's I got from Omega back in the summer.I was suprised on the effort that went into numbering the bolt parts and Trigger parts on the rifle.On this rifle pictured the bolt did not match but it matched it self.The stock,Triggerguard and bands still matched the action.I included pictures of the end of firing pin that does not have the later designed shoulders on it.I feel it the rifles are in better condition than the Springfield sporter Chinese mausers that were auctioned off.I ended up with $100 in each one delivered.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Chinese not only produced German type of arms, they pretty much followed the German way of doing thing. The Zhong Zheng Shi actually had a production standard based on German industrial guidelines.
However, China did put in a lot of effort during the War time pursing interchangeability.
The bolt here was from Gongxian Arsenal witnessed by the Ordnance mark in front of the serial number, most likely pre-war(pre-1937). The gun itself was produced in 1948 by the 21st Arsenal, based on the serial number. The 21st only marked the milled parts with serial number. They didn’t mark the parts as extensively as German.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have been slowly dismantling and cleaning one of the 2 Chinese 98's I got from Omega back in the summer.I was suprised on the effort that went into numbering the bolt parts and Trigger parts on the rifle.On this rifle pictured the bolt did not match but it matched it self.The stock,Triggerguard and bands still matched the action.I included pictures of the end of firing pin that does not have the later designed shoulders on it.I feel it the rifles are in better condition than the Springfield sporter Chinese mausers that were auctioned off.I ended up with $100 in each one delivered.
Do they have any of these left?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
How do I get in touch with Omega? Anynbody got any pictures of one of these with the rifle completely assembled? How much are they? How about shipping? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts