Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and first Makarov...Just received this beauty today. Hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable then I can share any info and/or thoughts. I'm a WWII collector personally, but loved the grips on this one compared to the single star and always wanted a makarov to go with my PA-63 that was passed down from the old man.

Thanks

CJ

2B26A9F1-0CFB-41E8-8B2C-E9BFDC07BF8E.jpeg
DEC41912-26EA-410B-BDB0-A5F0AC0E1821.jpeg
E2183E1C-7E1B-4EF6-890C-50924C3DC372.jpeg
DC8C01A8-BC33-46B9-A75F-F9D3C8678A94.jpeg
147EA48C-1601-4EB6-899B-6FF6CD27FEAB.jpeg

·
Banned
11 Posts
Holy cow. That appears to be a legit Type 59 SHI of which there are only a handful in the country. I think those were issued to Chinese government police. Not normal cops but more of a special police unit. Not 100% sure. They don't come up for sale often and when they do, they can sell for thousands. Great find!

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
yes, you got a legit Chinese military/police issued TYPE 59 MAKAROV, those don't pop up all that often and when they do they go for thousands....you scored big time!! :).

there are mak collectors out there that would cut off their "boys" just to own one of those. now go buy a lottery ticket and see if your luck holds out :)

·
Silver Bullet Member
445 Posts
Great find, very desirable pistol, extremely hard to find. I love the grips, on the 59 SHI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm glad she seems to be special. I feel extremely lucky to have it. I was confused about if the grips were correct or not for this model. The little research I did showed a "military" grip that looked like the usual single star with a cog at the bottom in the same serial number range as this one. I was concerned these didn't belong with this gun. Anyone have any knowledge on if there were any different serial blocks for police vs military or if there's any way to tell which grips should be on a certain gun? Thanks again everyone!

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,106 Posts
Well, since there is no civilian gun ownership in China, it is certain that your pistol was issued to some level of police or military. Sounds like you got one issued to a special branch though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Very nice! You are a lucky duck to have a true Chinese Military/Police Type 59 as your very first Mak. You don't see those everyday, and those lucky enough to own one rarely let go of them. Congrats, Sir :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts