Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a couple of Chileno Mausers by mistake. Don't really know much about them. One thing I do need to know is years of production so I know if they are antique. Is there any list that shows dates with serial numbers?

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
3,472 Posts
Just picked up a couple of Chileno Mausers by mistake. Don't really know much about them. One thing I do need to know is years of production so I know if they are antique. Is there any list that shows dates with serial numbers?

Ron,
No, there is no list. However, to determine whether a Chilean Mauser is antique or not, a list is not needed. Here is what you need to know:

If they are made by Ludwig Loewe, they are antique.

If they were made by DWM or Mauser Werke, they are C&R, and NOT antique.

Regards,
John

·
Gold Bullet member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Picked up a carbine and long gun M1895, $100 for the pair today at Big Town gun show. Posted pics on the Collector's Forum. These were made by Loewe.

The guy thought they were Mosins.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,085 Posts
Professor Wall

I thought I had seen contortionists on the beach at sunset in key West 25 years ago. those limber folks were nothing compared to this guy.
btw
please look at the german mauser forum 7x57 vz-33 posting over on paralex bill's site and weigh in if you would
regards
gil

·
Registered
945 Posts
You got a Chilean model 1895 long-rifle, and a Chilean model 1895 carbine, both for $100, and you call that a MISTAKE? I need to make those kind of mistakes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts