Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an 1895 Long Rifle and a 1895 carbine sporter that I picked up many moons ago.....

I did not want to Hijack the other poster thread so I started my own.....

The Long Rifle is all matching down to the rod...Although I think it was lightly sanded at One time

The sporter is what I believe from an original carbine(not done by me) has been D+T'd and bolt turned down. The stock is a sporter and I took a picture but do not know who made the stock.

What would be the best scope mount for this sporter?

Any comments or help appreciated as to thoughts and current value of each......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The rifle is a nmice one. The carbine, well it is what it is not, a hunting rifle. I suspect the scope mounts were Weavers.
Dan

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Here is an 1895 Long Rifle and a 1895 carbine sporter that I picked up many moons ago.....
I did not want to Hijack the other poster thread so I started my own.....
The Long Rifle is all matching down to the rod...Although I think it was lightly sanded at One time
The sporter is what I believe from an original carbine(not done by me) has been D+T'd and bolt turned down. The stock is a sporter and I took a picture but do not know who made the stock.
What would be the best scope mount for this sporter?
Any comments or help appreciated as to thoughts and current value of each......
Pease keep the Long Rifle as it is.
Reason: the Long rifle still has the original stock, with the original stock cartouche! That looks to be quite rare for a 'L' series rifle.
I had a Chilean M95 'L' series rifle myself, but your stock cartouche is far better than mine was (even if double-stamped).

For the Sportster, please feel free.

Chris

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bagman,

Thanks for the info on the rifle. What do you think this L series rifle is worth with a nice bore? TIA....

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Bagman,
Thanks for the info on the rifle. What do you think this L series rifle is worth with a nice bore? TIA....
difficult question, since i'm from Germany...
In the US, your rifle has lower value compared to other Chile M95's, since she's no longer Antique (not Pre-1899).
Since Chile M95's are not that popular for shooters (due to the 7x57 ammo), that won't have that high impact
--> from my (German) impression, deduct 100$ from Loewe-made Chile M95's in similar quality (1895, A - K series #)

@ US Forum members: please correct me, if i'm wrong with my assumption!

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts