Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
25,088 Posts
Cool, thanks for sharing. Unfortunately in this day and age in our country I fear a historical demonstration such as this would probably not be allowed in most schools. When I was a child though, my father was allowed to bring many of his historical Winchester rifles to display to my 7th grade class for a presentation on the history of "The Gun That Won The West." It looks like you guys had a ton of fun, and I'm sure the students did too. Being able to see, hear, and even touch a part of history is such a valuable teaching tool when it comes to reaching young minds. Books and films maybe the easiest way to teach history, but hands on teaching through demonstrations like yours and museum field trips can help spark an interest in some children that just can't be duplicated in a classroom setting alone. My hats off to you gentlemen for taking the time to share with these young people.

Sean

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.