Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I fyou notice they look like innocent young recruits. Their movements seem to imply they could be new trainees. All aside the Norc 54 -1 is still preferred , light, cheap to make and packs a whizzing fast 7.62 x 25 ammo. Them all checking their guns and thumbing the hammers down which is off safety mode.
Watching this video tells us the tok is still used in today' battlefield. Far from the usual polymer Glocks and HKs we see on other SF s.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
well, its something of a testiment to an excellent design. I have always been a fan of the tokarev.....It may be cheap to make, and primitive looking, but its reliable, powerful, and strong....I am also sure that they have a hell of a lot of them in storage. But, still great to see them in service......

·
Registered
956 Posts
type 54-1

I'd pick a Tokarev over whatever the PLA are using these days [Makarov types?] The Tokarev's a mean pistol; mine has never failed me for 35 tears, including my dumb ass teen antics firing 30 Luger out of it [flawlessly]. It will shoot through 24 inches of plywood, another teen test at a construction site- the other's 357, 40 and 9mm made 10 inches at best. I never had to use it on a bear skull, but felt a bit safer with Mr. Griz around and Mr. Tokarev in the tent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts