Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,248 Posts
They don't have a store in the "showroom" sense, but when you buy a rifle, you can opt to pick it up (you have to make an appointment on a Tuesday or Thursday when you order). When you go in, they bring the rifle you ordered to the counter, you fill out the paperwork (on a computer), pay, and you're good to go. If you go this route, you have to pay Ohio sales tax, and they also charge a small fee (don't remember exactly how much) for processing the registration if not using a C&R.

It's not like you can look at a bunch of PUs and pick one, but I'm sure that if something was wrong with the one they brought out for you, they'd substitute another since at that point, no papers have been filled out with a serial number, etc. I picked up one of mine from them a couple of years ago, and when the guy brought it out, he told me to look at it and see if it was satisfactory (it was very satisfactory, by the way, by both "collector" and "shooter" criteria). :)

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
you have to order a head of time and call in and schedule when to come down to pick them up. I have picked up a few from aim directly.. not my PU though.. i just purchased handpick and had it shipped due to my schedule at the time.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
This may have happened years ago but these days dealers keep very close mouthed about sources and what they have or try and mislead you as to where things come from and what they have. There was a time when I got to see things before others and had a first pick right here and there but others who did went in and took some things they didn't pay for and ruined it for me and others I am afraid. Very few distributers will let you look at things they don't want you to see or know about. Sign of the times I guess as it is getting cutthroat to the inth degree! Bill

·
Registered
21,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brandon, I don't know of a place except over at ZeeBill's if he ever gets tired of his PU snipers. His are cherry picked so all you need to do is back the fork lift up to his porch and drop the pallet of money. Large denomination only.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
That 44 Tula Spax had was a hand pick. It was priced fairly. It was well photoed, as usual. The bore looked nice.

As I often do, I recommend watching the trader for one somebody is selling off one and you should know pretty darn close to what you are getting. Typically, you can get a 3 day no fire exam and return if you must. There is gonna be quite a few of these come up for sale from folks who are overextended, had a change in circumstance, unforseen financial issue, etc..

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Brandon, I don't know of a place except over at ZeeBill's if he ever gets tired of his PU snipers. His are cherry picked so all you need to do is back the fork lift up to his porch and drop the pallet of money. Large denomination only.
Skip the funny thing is I took my money out of most of the snipers I once owned and have very few left. Oh did I mention the disgusting fact that I can't poop without cross hairs any more? ARRGGHH! Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.