Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,168 Posts
I'm not one of the very knowledgeable folks you're referring to, but I say garbage in, garbage out. Expecting a precision firearm from Romania is like expecting innovative tech sector business strategies from North Korea.

Pat

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
A big time QC issue at the factory Someone went too deep with the chamber reamer. As someone else mentioned See if that fired case will fit back into the chamber,Im betting it will .Take it/ Send it back with a few of the fired cases. Orrrrrrrr Its part of the EU big plan to put an end to reloading the 54R ;) Yep got that tin foil on!

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Expecting a precision firearm from Romania is like expecting innovative tech sector business strategies from North Korea.

Maybe so, but this a very unusual situation, a lot of guys here own PSL's (including me) and I have never heard of or seen anything like this. I can only guess that this is a one of a kind "wildcat" re-chambering of the PSL, or.... god only knows what...?? I find it hard to believe that it's a manufacturing defect, it's just too far off for that IMO, but anything is possible I suppose. Whatever it is, this is not normal or safe to continue to shoot with regular 7.62x54 ammo IMO.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
All it take at the manufacturing level is for one of the workers to have a real crappy day ie:drunk, spouse left, or just not all there that day ! I've been in fab./ manufacturing for 25 yrs and have seen stuff like this happen . In this case all it takes is for the operator to misread those little hash marks on his machine incorrectly . Heck maybe it was his first day on that machine ? If it was a NIB rifle as stated and was mark 7.62x54R I highly doubt it was purposeful act . And the QC might never have caught it in checking headspace as it is on the rim not the shoulder of the case.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,347 Posts
My money would be on the bad quality control. Ran that reamer just a little too deep. Definitely not normal or safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.