Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to pick up 2 cases of the 5.45, can anyone refer me to the best deals. SG has increased there price on a case of wolf to 199....... too much.

·
Registered
582 Posts
As Franz 1796 noted - the gun-deals web site is nice for doing a comparison. :)
In addition to that - I can tell you that I picked up some of the stuff from Century and have been very happy with it thus far. :D
Happy shooting!

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. that's neat.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
All of the Combloc surplus (Russian, Polish, Bulgarian) 5.45mm is corrosive. The cheapest is the Bulgie at Century Arms, on sale the past 4 months at about $118 per 1080 rd. spam can. Shipping is free on any purchase of $500 or more.

If you want non-corrosive, the cheapest is 70 grain poly Wolf MC at Widener's Reloading. $148 per 1000 if you buy it by the case (+ shipping of course).

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of the Combloc surplus (Russian, Polish, Bulgarian) 5.45mm is corrosive. The cheapest is the Bulgie at Century Arms, on sale the past 4 months at about $118 per 1080 rd. spam can. Shipping is free on any purchase of $500 or more.

If you want non-corrosive, the cheapest is 70 grain poly Wolf MC at Widener's Reloading. $148 per 1000 if you buy it by the case (+ shipping of course).
Shipping from Century is $12.95 flat rate for orders under $500, also.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
You can do a quick price comparison here.

Just be sure to change to your zip code to correct for shipping and navigate to the very bottom of the screen for the pricing.

http://www.gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=5.45x39
Note that the numbers provided on this webpage for Century are for one tin. You mentioned wanting two tins, the shipping would be the same for two tins from Century with their flat rate order fee/no shipping charge, so the cost per round reflected on this page is a bit high.

SlimTim

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
5.45 ammo

I just bought a case of Bulgarian 5.45x39 ammo from AIM, a Gunboards sponsor for $119.95 plus postage. It shoots tight groups in my gun ...1 1/2 in at 50 yds compared to Wolf which is erratic at no better than 3-4 in at the same distance. It's corrosive but no big deal if you clean 1st with Windex and then follow with Hoppes.

D

·
0 Posts
I just bought a case of Bulgarian 5.45x39 ammo from AIM, a Gunboards sponsor for $119.95 plus postage. It shoots tight groups in my gun ...1 1/2 in at 50 yds compared to Wolf which is erratic at no better than 3-4 in at the same distance. It's corrosive but no big deal if you clean 1st with Windex and then follow with Hoppes.
You have to use the Windex on the gas block and gas tube too, right? What about the gas piston itself? Am I leaving anything out?

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RGuns.net is not on that comparison site, they have 2 tins for 210 plus 40 shipping..... 70's russian.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
"I just bought a case of Bulgarian 5.45x39 ammo from AIM, a Gunboards sponsor for $119.95 plus postage."

How'd you do that? Their website lists the price as $129 per can, or [email protected] if two cans are purchased. Did I miss a sale or something? TIA

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
AIM ammo

"I just bought a case of Bulgarian 5.45x39 ammo from AIM, a Gunboards sponsor for $119.95 plus postage."

How'd you do that? Their website lists the price as $129 per can, or [email protected] if two cans are purchased. Did I miss a sale or something? TIA
$119.95 is their newest price.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Windex

You have to use the Windex on the gas block and gas tube too, right? What about the gas piston itself? Am I leaving anything out?
You use Windex on all parts that are fouled with carbon and powder fouling....all parts.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Aim has G Tiger 5.45 at $3.50 per box of 20
Not the cheapest price out there for N/C commercial 5.45mm, but if it shoots anything like the GT in 7.62x39mm it'll be a winner. Kudos to AIM for finding yet another source of ammo for this fun little caliber.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and it really is 3.25 for bulk, not a bad deal at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts