Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha, now that I got your attention. Just figured I'd post here for the first time on this new software. This actually was a cheap Albanian SKS from AIM. A few years ago they were blowing them out for 89.00 in not-so-good condition. I figured that I wouldn't lose any money on the deal so I bought this one.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Ha, now that I got your attention. Just figured I'd post here for the first time on this new software. This actually was a cheap Albanian SKS from AIM. A few years ago they were blowing them out for 89.00 in not-so-good condition. I figured that I wouldn't lose any money on the deal so I bought this one.

How does it shoot?

C/

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
wish id have seen those back then.. now these are hard to find,at least they are around here but then we only got one gun shop in town that even know people buy milsurps!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does it shoot?

C/
Well, sad as it sounds...I have yet to shoot it. I live in the city and there are few places to shoot rifles at. I was buying rifles faster than I could shoot them. I plan on taking it for a spin soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Albanian SKS

You did very well with your $89 purchase. My only SKS is a Yugo model 59/66. I wish that I had snapped up one of those Albanians when they were around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
$89 Albanians
$79 K-31's
$75 Mossberg M44's
Century 3/$99 deals

Oh, the good ol days. I wish I had more money back then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yea those were the days, I wish I could have gotten more of everything.
8mm was 4.5 cents a round 7.62x39 was 7-8 cents a round and everything else was cheaper too but if Hillary gets in we will only dream for todays prices.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had to pay current prices for my Alby unfortunately....

Still an affordable SKS..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am glad I picked up a couple myself.....

D

·
0 Posts
How did you manage to get such big pictures posted? So far all I get is thumbnail sized... :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How did you manage to get such big pictures posted? So far all I get is thumbnail sized... :(
I upload my pics to Photobucket.com and then link them to my post so I get the full size.

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
I got two $79 "Gunsmith Special" Albanians from AIM way back when and both are great shooters. One is 1969 that had a wrist crack that was easily fixed with Gorilla glue. The other is a no date no stamped serial numbers gun that is completely electro-penciled. All it needed was a firing pin. Wish I would have bought about six more!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have owned six or seven, including an electro pencil, with I still had all of them. I kept the '67, '68 and '69.

I saw one at the show yesterday for only $550!!

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Not Bad...

You've got a lot more bluing on yours than I have on mine...
on one side, anyway.

Mine was one of those "Shooter" grade Albies, and it turned out to be the best shooting SKS of my stable despite it's battle weary appearance.

Had to do some tinkering with it in order for it to stay together when fired, but it seems to be all up and running now.

And like you say, it probably wasn't all that bad an investment after all!

·
Silver Bullet member
566 Posts
Celebrate Diversity!

If I remember correctly I was paying $129 for the unissued 59/66 yugos, $79 for the shooter grade 59/66 yugos, $139 for 59 yugos, $149 for the Alby, Chinese was $149, Russian $189. I never got ahold of any Romanian SKS's... wish I did, haven't seen any nice ones for a while.

The shooter yugos only 3-4 years ago looked like what they sell as excellent nowdays - I still have one that I use as my shooter and it's very accurate.

With prices going up and the quality generally going down on what's coming ashore now I don't get as enthused as I did - but selling some of the stuff I did buy just a few years ago helps me buy the stuff I missed a few years ago...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts