Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Let me know where to send the check for th SA marked one. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
jleiper

Very nice SA on your 30 degree !!!

Chatterelaut made more 90 degree variation than 30 degree one.

I have 30 degree with the nice eagle .

I have never met 90 degree from Izhewsk so far.

Best regards
Krzysztof

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to have an Izhevsk 90 degree years ago. I don't remember if it is packed away or I sold it. I used to have several other odd balls including a straight one - Austrian I think. I'll see if I still have it and post.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
jleiper

Do you know something about Mosin's bayonets with pencil tip like that
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=43589
used in US Army ?

I didn't find anything at books.

Krzysztof
Probably modified here in the US to use on M91 substitute standard guns after WWI. National guard units and lots of other troops used the M91 in that period. Just about the safest thing you can say about Russian bayonets is that they will have a "screw driver tip". I have never seen a native Russian bayonet after the Berdan I (which has a triangular section and a screw driver tip) that didn't follow that rule. This is only true of "spike" bayonets, of course (the 1905 scythe and the erzatz blades of WWII have blades with points).

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Thanks for the pic's - I am beginnning to collect bayonets & I find these bayonets interesting. :)

Pahtu.

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Oh come on guys! Everybody knows that there are no [SA] marked 91 or 91/30 bayonets. That's an optical illusion for sure. :p

Super nice Joe. I've only seen one early French bayonet and missed buying it by 5 minutes! Your a lucky man to have 2 and 2 great ones at that. ;)

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Oh come on guys! Everybody knows that there are no [SA] marked 91 or 91/30 bayonets. That's an optical illusion for sure. :p
Im sorry, I haven't been wearing my foiled dome helmet lately, ignorance has been penetrating my skull!

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Here are a couple of bayonets made for the original Russian order from the Chatellerault Weapon Factory in France. The lower numbered piece is a rare 90 degree variation. They tested several different models before they decided on the model that was used through out production.

jleiper

Super nice!

One thing is missing :): The scabbard made in Chatellerault!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are a couple of bayonets made for the original Russian order from the Chatellerault Weapon Factory in France. The lower numbered piece is a rare 90 degree variation. They tested several different models before they decided on the model that was used through out production.

jleiper

Super nice!

One thing is missing :): The scabbard made in Chatellerault!
Now that's rare. They never survived!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
kh, I did nont know, that you are THAT old!!!!!!!!!!
:))))) Or do you have a time maschine??????? :-oooooooo

My fist M91 bayo was also a Chatellerault, picket up at a small gunshow years ago.

Chris

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Here are some pics of mine. The serial number is stamped in a different way and it's very low number.

It's not in a great shape like yours but I like it anyway..:)

Thanks again for sharing.

Warmest regards.

·
Registered
134 Posts
alb87

I have 90 degree with this number and mine is marked the same like at your fourth photo.

Maybe it had to be Russian п.

Could you tell me what is your serial number and markings on the third photo ?

Best regards
Krzysztof

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Krzysztof,
The serial number is 568 but, since the bayonet is pitted the serial number could be X568.It's hard to tell.

The marks on the third photo ar not too much clear. There's a Л on the right and on the left maybe an I and a reverse Л.

Thanks.

Warmest regards.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts