Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Amero-Hungarian

They are assembled in America from parts made in Hangary, presumably by FEG who happens to also make an identical HP clone. The FEG variant is available at centerfire.com for $299.

I paid $319 for my CD HP a couple months ago, and it's now one of my favorites. Good finish nice sights, seems well made. The standard 10 rnd magazine was junk but the aftermarket HP 13-rnd mags worked great.

Nice pistol, good value.

Rex

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought one when CDNN had a close-out sale on them a few months ago. Fit and finish are certainly good enough, if not as bright and shiny as a Browning. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to actually shoot it yet.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The FEG version is excellent-it was sold by Mauser under the Mauser banner. Centerfire Systems is selling them for $249 on special in their November-December catalog.

Mark

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, I finally had a chance to shoot mine. It's typical Hi-Power in operation, trigger pull (remember the mag safety) and accuracy. Mine still needs some break-in, though. I only shot 100 rounds of 115gr FMJ and had about 5-6 failures to chamber. I'll probably do a little polish job and everything should be OK. As far as I'm concerned, it was well worth the price.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, CDNN advertises them as American made, but at the price I tend to doubt it. Assembled here maybe, which to me is not the same thing .........

·
Registered
500 Posts
Made in US

They are assembled outside of Harrisburg PA. The parts come from the Philippines and from Hungary. I believe the Hi-Power from Hungary and the 1911 from the Philippines. Thats what I found out on a websearch.

Howard

·
Registered
966 Posts
4249 is a STEAL.

They are indeed Hungarian guns, no matter who says or where they say it. i have one from the 90's when they 1st came in and love it. i did replace the dinky sites - acutally in my case my 'smitty had some old King 1911 sights gathering dust and owed me a favor, so on they went at nominal cost.

One thing I will recommend is the cocobolo wood grips @ CDNN. They are musch better than what comes on the gun, and even fir my smaller hands. Plus, I at least think they look cool too (wife hates 'em)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If, as all suggest, these are actually Hungarian guns, then I see no sense in paying an extra fifty bucks for the Chas. Daly moniker. Thanks for the input guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts