Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning to be in the area and attending the Sept 29 NCGCA show in Charlotte and having interest is invited to a dinner cookout/ get together/ meeting of the area Japanese Weapons fellowship and Banzai members.

Will be at my house after the show, Sat 29 Sept about 7 pm.

Anyone who can make it is welcome. Doss will be here and we will freely sign books of any description!

Email or Pm me for details. See me at the show on Friday or Saturday for a map.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone planning to make the show?
Stop by and see us.
Come on up for dinner if you can!

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Will not sign my checkbook, unless it's for a pre Murata Japanese-marked rifle.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clt show location

The charlotte show is Sept 29, sat only for nonmember, it will be in the Oasis Shrine Center.

The center is on Doug Mayes Place, off exit 45 on I 85.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Forgot to ask, who's doin the kookin? I like my T-bones rare/mediam rare. Seriously, hope some of you can make the show, we're dragging 24 rifles up, 23 Arisakas and one Vetterli M70 cav. carbine w/bayonet, one Kokura 99 sniper and 5-6 97 snipers, both Kokura and Nagoya. T-2 grenade launcher, holsters that have been in my collection for years and ???
so much I can't remembeer and an award winning (1st at AMCA) display. See you at the show.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steak?

My sons are doing the cooking, all we have to do is show up after loading out at the show.

(At least that is the plan).

We'll have steak alright, but the bone is already out!

·
Registered
490 Posts
can someone help me with more details on the NCGCA group and show?

How does one join? I saw that the show is in the Oasis Shrine Center. I'm looking for a good gun show. What are the hours and admission for this?

I was planning on going to Hickory but while a C&E show is better than nothing, I'd love to see more collectable old stuff than the run of the mill show.

Regards,
Chris

·
Silver Bullet member
15,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Chris,
the hours are Saturday, Sept 29 from 9 to 4.

It has been a while since the NCGCA has had a show, i.e. the North Carolina Gun Collectors
Association has had a show. This one is going to be small but hopefully worth while. should be less than an hour from Hickory, so come on down. I 40 E to I 77 S to I 85 N, exit 45.

The NCGCA is an old time association and has been 'whipped' by the prolifiration of gunshows by commercial promoters.

Personally, I have stopped 'showing' at the commercial shows and will have a table at this one, Banzai will be here and have 5 tables.

Come on down! Should not be hard to find with the directons listed above. Just head for Charlotte and UNCC.

Admission may be $5, but parking will be free.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,329 Posts
Wish I was closer than the Virginia coast! Souds like a great way to spend an evening!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts