Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the Short lee 1 *** accept chargers for loading? Do they use the same chargers as other Enfields? Can some one post a picture of where the charger interfaces the bolt?

Thanks,
Wheeler44

·
Gold Bullet member
896 Posts
The *** models had half the charger slot on the receiver, and the other half on a sliding charger on the bolt head. They used the same chargers the Mk. III used and also the No. 4.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has the the slot on the reciever. I sure can't see anything on the bolt head that would correspond with that though. Anybody have a picture or diagram?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine has the the slot on the reciever. I sure can't see anything on the bolt head that would correspond with that though. Anybody have a picture or diagram?
Wheeler - this is what the bolt head looks like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I seem to be missing the sliding charger guide. $90.00 USD yikes, I'll have to ponder that one.

Thanks all,

Wheeler44

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
could swear i posted to this but seems i didnt ,
heres another photo of the bolthead - after you see one you will forever remember the detail as it is unusual ,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woftam, swafileld, A square10, thanks for great photos, I definitely don't have that on my old .303. I guess I will look around a couple of shops and try to find one. But first I need the slide adjuster for the rear sight. Any sources anyone?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
I also have reproduction charger guides I had made by a local machinist.

Picts are below. One is shown blackened, the other in the white. You can finish the one in the white to match your rifle finish, or buy the pre-finished piece. Screw included.

Email or Pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
give 03man a ring - those boltheads are chicken teeth to find ,

which rear sight do you have ? it should be this one , but , a windage adjustable mkIII backsight could have been installed in the upgrade that added the third star as well ,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hello A square 10, The rear sight on my old SMLE looks identical to the one in the pictures above. Less the sliding elevation adjustment part. What is that part called? Where can I find one? As always any help is much appreciated.

Wheeler44

Edited to add: Thats a fine looking rifle BTW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts