Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
johnnyboy
Posted - 03/22/2006 : 6:45:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why does Prvi Partizan ammo fit in my 1891 Cavalry Cabine chambers and extracts fine, but when I use it in my M41 it does not chamber completely ie bolt does not close down unless hit down hard does not extract and I need to ram it out with a rod, its seems the brass is to thick. Yet no problems with the 1891 Cavalry Carbine. Anyone else with this problem?

GjMan
Posted - 03/22/2006 : 10:25:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like your M41 may have an extractor problem. Have you tried swapping bolts to see if that helps?

DMala
Posted - 03/22/2006 : 10:41:47 PM
In random order of probability, and more than one cause may coexist:

1) The follower of the M41 may be too weak, and the case rim may not slip completely under the extractor. The bolt then has difficulty closing. Easy to check if you look at the bolt after it picked up a round from the clip, before closing completely.
2) The chamber of the M41 may be tighter (I think this is quite unlikely)
3) The bore of the M41 is tighter, with higher pressures resulting in difficulties opening the bolt. Prvi cartridges gave also to me frequent excessive pressure problems. Compare primers of cases shot in each rifle, and see if the M41 shows signs of higher pressure.
4) Like the other member said, the extractor of the M41 may be damaged.

let us know how it goes....
DMala

johnnyboy
Posted - 03/23/2006 : 12:59:34 AM
The bullets actually are tight in the chamber/barrel ,but when i use standard 1930's military rounds there fine slip in easy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.