Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my latest article for BFA. It deals with a couple things including the Micro
Stamping bill which is heading to Governor Schwarzenegger's desk this week. If it becomes law it will effect the entire country.
We truly have to stop this thing. Send this message on to all gun friendly family
and friends.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3955.html

We all must act please contact Governor Schwarzenegger,respectfully but firmly urge
him to veto AB1471. Governor Schwarzenegger's office phone is (916) 445-2841,
fax at (916) 445-4633, or via the web at http://gov.ca.gov/interact#email for email.
It would be great if you can call, fax and email him. We stop this in California
or this goes national.

Also coming out today my commentary on Hillary Cliton and Chinese funny money at
the Cincinnatus Standard. Is history repeating? Tim

http://www.thecincinnatusstandard.com/The_Cincinnatus_Standard.html

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,291 Posts
No - it won't affect the whole country. It will just make "pre-microstamped" guns of increased value in the PRK. And with any luck at all, cause EVERY manufacturer to follow Barrett in refusing to sell to PRK LE organizations, or deal with them in any other way.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clyde,

It will effect the entire country as ammunition and gun makers are not going to make California only product and something else for the rest of us. Are you old enough to remember the "California Compliant" emission tags in cars in the 70s? I am. It will be the same.

They will standardize their lines and the costs will go up for all of us, not just those trapped in loony California. Let us kill this now. Pressure must be brought to bear on Arnold before it is too late.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
69,382 Posts
In either event, existing firearms will go up in value because of the new requirements. Like the pre-64 Winchesters.

·
98,291 Posts
My guess is the requirement is not one that can be complied with and the manufacturers, ratehr than make PRK compliant guns for a relatively small market will make "other 49 compliant" arms and quit selling in Kali. Unlike cars, Kali isn't a huge market foir firearms.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
California is actaully a pretty good market for firearms. 1 in 8 people in the US live in California and not all of them are liberal hippies. Greg Martin's Auction House, located in ground zero, San Francisco, made over 6 million in just the last auction alone.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
69,382 Posts
How many of the Buyers at the auction lived in California ??

What percentage of the guns sold were shipped out of state ??

·
98,291 Posts
Suspect Little John probably did even better than Greg Martin with his last one. But what high-end auction houses do doesn't say much about the market for bread-and-butter guns over the counters.

I'd still guess that the makers are more likely to tell PRK "That is a very interesting law. We won't be doing any business there now. And won't be selling to any of your police organizations, either. Even though you carefully exempted them from the laws everybody else ahs to follow. So sorry". Certainly what I'd recommend.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am truly puzzled and bewildered by this defeatist attitude. If we get Arnold to veto this we don't have to worry about it. So lets make the phone calls and write the letters to Schwarzenegger and stop debating the what ifs. We may bloody well be standing on a precarious cliff and you want to debate if the makers will bother with the California market? Just make the call asking him to veto it!

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
I am truly puzzled and bewildered by this defeatist attitude. If we get Arnold to veto this we don't have to worry about it. So lets make the phone calls and write the letters to Schwarzenegger and stop debating the what ifs. We may bloody well be standing on a precarious cliff and you want to debate if the makers will bother with the California market? Just make the call asking him to veto it!
Action is always better than debating the small stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts