Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,933 Posts
Same bolt and receiver as any Swedish Mauser . So , not hot loads !!!!!!!!!!!! You don't need 4000 fps to accurately shoot paper targets . M41 factory ammo is 2592 fps in a 29" barrel .

9,933 Posts
The CG80 addressed the left hand problem with a bolt handle bent up & swept back , so the lefty could reach over the rifle & grab the bolt a little easier than a straight bolt . However , no such feature on the CG63's . Numrich has the left type bolts for a CG80 , which can be used on the CG63 , if you want to swap out the bolt . Lothar-Walther has CG63 barrels with the same profile as original CG barrels . At least that is what I have heard . The CG63 barrel is 29" long and the rear is 28m/m ( 1.102" ) in diameter . CG80 barrels are 32m/m ( about 1.250" ) at the rear , but L-W does not make them . I do not know if the L-W barrels are short chambered for finish reaming after the barrel is installed ? I suspect you can replace the barrel if you know what you are doing ? I don't know that a Midway barrel vise would fit the CG63 barrel , at 28m/m ?????????

9,933 Posts
Thauglor : You are talking about an entirely different class of weapon . The Swedish Mauser is no comparison to a bench rest rifle !!!!!!!!!! So , not a topic that is relevant to this forum . Swedish mausers are consistently winning military matches in the USA . That is the subject matter on this forum . Swedish mauser target rifles are also a topic on this forum , but still not in the bench rest rifle class . We stress safety when shooting Swedish mausers . No hot loads !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.