Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cg 63 that has a barrel marking in front of the receiver ring- it is B over a G and 0882. Just wondered if anyone could tell me what those mean. I am assuming the BG is a match gunsmith and August 1982 the install date?

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,591 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track . Not a lot of info on these markings . " Arilar " may have more , as he is the FSR expert on the subject .

Here is my CG63 = " 833 SA " . Similar to yours , but my number is not likely a date .

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Swede,
I read Arilar's post about the cg80, and there were 6 approved retailers that were approved by GF to sell supplies from there. It will be interesting if he knows what some of the marks used by some of the match gunsmiths are- it would be very interesting to know more about the history of these rifles. I assume SA must be intitials for a match gunsmith also.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Actually, what I got on CG63 and CG80 is to be found in the two threads started by me on this subject. Take a lock in them and maybe answers to be found and maybe not......
regards,
ARILAR:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.