Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked Centerfires site and they have the Chinese SKS priced at $249.99 and also C&R eligible. I might drive there on Monday and snag one.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good lord, they sure do look rough. I wonder if they put the nicest SKS they have
in the store as the example in the pic.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably did use the pick of the litter for the photo. I asked one of the local gun shops if they were going to get any in and the guy replied "We had two but they were so bad we returned them. They had all kinds of stuff, names and initials carved on the stocks." I said "Those are the ones I like the most." I saw a ver nice 3 mil range across the river, the finish was very good, nice blue, the stock was an Albanian replacement. The stock had the side swivel, two hole butt trap, non serial numbered, but was not cracked and had no serious gouges or dings. They just want too much $$ for them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I dont know if its from the same source, but the 111 Gunshop has an early Chicom
SKS in their racks, but they want $325 for it.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Many places have these rifles and prices are already rising

I'm not planning on buying one because I'm not at that point, but anyone who might... get it now

·
Copper Bullet member
972 Posts
I agree, already seeing a few on GB at higher prices...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Many places have these rifles and prices are already rising

I'm not planning on buying one because I'm not at that point, but anyone who might... get it now
While prices on individual rifles may be cherry-picked to show rising prices, the release of this batch of Chinese SKS (or maybe "Sino-Soviet/Albanian SKS"?) has not had an effect on prices overall for Chinese SKS (I say Chinese SKS for an initial comparison as the data set is larger). The supply is available Chinese SKS is actually experiencing a small up-tick from recent weeks.

Here's my data to back these opinions with real data: GunStockMarket Chinese SKS listings. On these charts the red line is the highest price found, green line is the average price (trending down slightly on 11/21/12), the blue line is the lowest price found and the yellow bars show the number of listings found. Sales prices have remained about the same recently.

Prices of SKS listed as Sino-Soviet (which is how many of these are listed) are very stable, if not coming down to a new support level for price.

My opinion is that prices will rise for many factors over the long haul, however this batch of SKS have not had an impact in the marketplace for SKS in the last 90 days.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Good point and glad there's resources to track this sort of thing now.

That said, this batch of SKS is in a class of its own and not to be equated with the commercial or earlier SKS imports. Their C&R status alone is money in the bank IMO in spite of the apparent large quantity imported.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts