Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone gotten any of those cezch 98ks from samco? the one with winter trigger guard?,,was thinking of ordering one but id like to see what someone who has one thinks of thier condtion first..thanks in advance

·
Silver Bullet member
1,291 Posts
Well yes, but more than a year ago. It was in solid VG condition, but in no way pristine as the early ones were. Worth the $$.................that is your call. I found a better one privately and later sold it.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
If they still offer the premium grade, or hand select, or whatever they call the nicer ones, you will be amazed at how fine it is.
Excellent stock (may need grease removed) with a minty bore.
Matched serial numbers BUT with the logo ground off the top of the receiver.
Other than the lack of German proofs, they are far better rifle than your average R/C!
I had one with a DOT proof on the barrel, so some do retain minor German marks.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
I believe the ones I bought were around $209 or $219?
Does that ring a bell?
I'm pretty sure those are the nicer ones, you will not regret it, as long as what you want is a great looking shooter with NO Geman marks.
I use the stocks and late bands for restorations.
I installed the bolt takedown discs and buttplate.
Drilling it for a cleaning rod was interesting as well..
Great lumber, bands and beartrap sighthood, plus I got an excellent shooter grade barreled receiver with matching serials in the process.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats correct $209.00 is what it says...thats quite a nice looking rifle you got there,you had to drill itfor the cleaning rod?,and where did you find the bolt take down disk at?

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
The take down discs came off e-pay last year and I paid a guy with a vertical mill to install them for me.
The Czech Brno made rifles are post war manufactured on the same machines in the same place as the war time stuff, but they omitted drilling for cleaning rods.
It's holding up a matched #'s bcd 4 phosphated receiver that was sportered.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The ones I've seen at Dunham's (three of them) are beautiful and in great shape. No German marks at all...but no machine marks either. Wood is especially nice...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts