Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may buy a cetme this weekend, I was wondering what I should look for in a CIA cetme. I had one before and sold it to buy a Pars xg3s. I know there are things to look for in cia cetme's but I am not sure what they are. I see them at the gun shows for $500 all the time, is that the right price to buy them at? I am torn between a cetme and a DPMS AP4 in 308. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
223 Posts
read the stickies... it will list a whole bunch of things to look for.

Buy a set of feeler guages and check Bolt Gap. Bring your calipers, and check for ground bolt. check for cocking tube gap. see if ejector is binding or riding too low. look at FH/MB to see if pin protrudes into barrel.

The stickies go into more detail on many of these things.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I am torn between a cetme and a DPMS AP4 in 308.
Apples and oranges....2007 Mercedes vs. 1972 Peugot Diesel Stationwagon...

The AR in 308 from DPMS is a new production works every time fine weapon. What are they now? $1500?

A CETME is a cobbled together parts kit CAI out of spec receiver hackjob and they're a blast to shoot once you get a good one working right. $500 is more or less right..

But don't be surprised if you have to work on a CETME to get it running right...

I have a few, and had many more. You can sink quite a bit of time into one, so if you're not ready to take on the committment...........................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts