Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there remember a group buy a few years ago that bought Special Weapon Receivers (I think type B).

I've been away for awhile and am looking for so help

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
223 Posts
Special Weapons receivers are gone completely to my knowledge. Century bought the tooling and now make their own on those castings and sell them as their Cast SS models.

That will be the closest thing you can get to the Special Weapons receiver, it just says Century on the side.

Best bet righ tnow for a HK/Cetme receiver is a PTR-91 stamped receiver. Built on HK machinery, completely in spec, solid, rigid... all around best buy, even though they cost a bit more.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Special recievers

Unfortunately I bought one in a group buy a few years back, and am looking for anyone who built a CETME on one.

This buy took a long time for the product to arrive and had a different sight setup? I seem to remember that it was a B model?

My memory is poor when it comes to who was around then. I am hoping to pick someones mind since it looks like I can't go back for the information

Thanks for letting me know about the change

Rick

·
Registered
223 Posts
The build should be the same as a normal G3 or Cetm build.

What info are you looking for? Im sure Dr. Zero, Don, and Perro were all around back then if you have some specific questions. OR if you wanted to sell that receiver, I bet it would fetch a pretty penny with some of the Cetme guys here or on militaryfirearm.com (the new cetmerifles.com) a lot of the old(er) guys are over there (M1Tanker, Perro and others)

·
Silver Bullet member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info those are names I remember. Not sure what I want to do.

I wonder about the parts kit I got, seems the bolt is too big? well I need to do more research

Thanks again
Rick in Maine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts