Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My Black Widow has the pinned and welded muzzle break...hard to tell from the first pic, but it appears as if yours has a sling mounting point on the bottom of the buttstock which mine lacked. I have since changed the furniture to the HK G3 green set. Mine also prefers G3 mags made in the 60s, mags from the 70s are hit and miss as to whether they will fit.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Ya gotta love a sound battle rifle. Nothing says "Respect my authori-tay" like a sound modern battle rifle.

Put some pretty wood on that and your ugly duckling turns into - not a swan but a sound battle rifle that's kinda handsome too.

(Do Cetme's do wood? Just realized I don't know. G3s do of course.)

·
Copper Bullet member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the plastic stocks better than the wood.Also no muzzle break makes it a shorter better looking rifle IMO,but everyone has different likes.I had a wood version with muzzle break and sold it and kept this one.Yes it has a sling attachment,am going to put a black sling on it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I like the plastic stocks better than the wood.Also no muzzle break makes it a shorter better looking rifle IMO,but everyone has different likes.I had a wood version with muzzle break and sold it and kept this one.Yes it has a sling attachment,am going to put a black sling on it.
I get that. The wash-'n-wearability of impervious plastic is a fine thing in an implement like this. Combined with no flash suppressor it gives this one a look of no-nonsense purposefulness, that "authori-tay" thing. It's almost sexy.

·
Copper Bullet member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tempest2,Yeah the welded pinned muzzle brake was a 1994 assualt weapon ban requirement for cetmes,in 2004 they relaxed that and you could get the removeable pinned muzzle brake or none,like this one.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I had one. I sold it. It was the best version you cold get. I bought two others I was not happy with until the black widow but it was not a PTR or a HK. The first one had an aluminum reciever. The next one no flash hider.

Sold the black widow on gun broker to some lucky soul.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Roger that, much better.

I acquired this $500 "spackle-coated" G3 around 2000, and kept a paper bag over its head, figuratively-speaking, until...

I bought some cheap wood, made the wood clean and pretty, and the wood made the rifle handsome. Still 'don't look too close', but there was no more paper bag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.