Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
Is the Cetme bipod different than the HK bipod? Will they interchange?
they're like night and day;

CETME Models B, C & L Bipod with Belt Pouch, Adjustable Legs, Used (apexgunparts.com)

but you will need to change out the front sight to a grenade adapter for the bipod to go on. it will go onto the barrel but will be sloppy, sloppy loose. but i guess you can always sleeve it to go onto the barrel so it will be snug

a HK bipod on a CETME, no way Jose........unless you find a HK wide hand guard, and good luck finding one of those today, and "hack" on it to go onto a CETME

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The standard Cetme C and L models already have the grenade launcher rings as part of the front sight so the bipod fits right on. They actually work ok and have a swivel ball in them so you have about ten degrees of elevation/depression and azimuth in both directions. You can also cant the rifle. The bipods work pretty well but are a pain to store without the pouch. They spring open.

As for the HK bipods you can install the handguards that use them without any issues. They fit just like the HK 91 does as long as the barrel and sight haven't been modified for some silly state regs somewhere. As noted above they are as hard to find as the proper Cetme bipods and a lot more expensive. RTG parts did have some repro HK bipods but you still need the handguard.

Frank

·
Registered
7,643 Posts

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,991 Posts
Are the handguards and bipod on the Mars cetmes different?
Mine has the metal handguards and bipod, but I don't know how they differ from the HK's.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
years ago I build something for a friend who had an Mg 42 bipod. made a steel tube with a simple cutout for the MG bipod that was fiting into the mounting for the tube - for the cleaning gear- on the FR 8.
sorry, no pics but it looks cool then and works for him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts