Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when Springfield INC was selling these in 1986-89 and they called it a "Mounted service rifle" they had a CAI import stamp on them.My dealer got 2 in and I was able to buy one.It is in pretty good shape.Bolt was nickle plated at one time.Stock matches,has coorrect turned down bolt with Knurled flattened knob.Bolt does not match.Bore is OK-but muzzle is worn.I have not tried to push A new 7mm bullet in.I have not completely taken this apart.The interesting thing is both rifles he got have a additional Brazillian SN on the Right side and a long number stamped in the stock in front of finger grooves.I have not seen this before.I wonder if it is a police marking or inventory number.Looks like some other insignia was removed from buttstock.There is a picture of small crack in handguard.If you extrapolate from The Century SN it is about # 740 or so.Dont really know how many survived from the orginal contract or how many were left to import this time.I cant bitch-I dont plan on shooting this-I have other 7mm mausers with much better barrels

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Appears I had a post removed. No clue what I did wrong?
Anyway, got mine, the official Century serial is 1192. Also, dealer buddy sez his rep (Deanna?) stated they started out with 600 of these.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your VZ-24 have those numbers on the side of the stock and the receiver like the one I have pictured?They may have only a small quantity-the same with the 1908 rifles.They brought a lot of nice 1908 rifles in in 1990

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yes, 4201 00013535 0. Looking at those numbers, sure doesn't look like they've been there long. Or at least, not used much after they were stamped. Can't see it in your pic, but with a bit of mag, I can make out a very shallow circle around each individual number on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.